The simFlight Network Forums

pfc and throttles

Hi I am rather new at this site and have a few questions.

I run fsx/w7 64 bits and use the PFC throttle which is now 5 years old.

If I move the throttle you can see in 3d panel of the aircraft the throttles moving but

very nervous.

So I would like them to calibrate which is not possible within PFC.

I have a registrated version of FSUIPC and try now to learn more about it i.e. calibration of the TR.

I assigned the 4 throttles in axis and accordenly in calibration I set some values by moving up and down the TR.

the question I have:

are they now calibrated and will this settings not be overwritten by PFC?

kind regards

Doeke

I run fsx/w7 64 bits and use the PFC throttle which is now 5 years old.

If I move the throttle you can see in 3d panel of the aircraft the throttles moving but

very nervous.

Which throttle system is this? The throttle quadrant system I have from PFC is connected by serial cable and is calibrated in the PFC.DLL (or PFCFSX.DLL in FSX) driver I made for PFC serial devices.

I have a registrated version of FSUIPC and try now to learn more about it i.e. calibration of the TR.

I assigned the 4 throttles in axis and accordenly in calibration I set some values by moving up and down the TR.

the question I have: are they now calibrated and will this settings not be overwritten by PFC?

You need to tell me more first. Why do you say

I would like them to calibrate which is not possible within PFC.

I don't understand that part, unless you are using some Game Port or USB thorttles which do not use my driver, in which case they should be calibratable in the windows driver for joysticks.

Regards

Pete

I have the throttle quadrant and use serialcable- com3.

you gave already the answer that this one has been calibrated in the pfc-dll driver.

I didnot know that.So Icouldnot find anything about calibrating, thats why I mentioned it.

Maybe you could shine a little more light regarding the influence on using fsuipc regarding the issue.

calibrating my pedals and vmax flight system steerwheel has been done in FSX settings etc.

doeke

I have the throttle quadrant and use serialcable- com3.

Okay. So presumably you are using my PFC.DLL or PFCFSX.DLL depending on which FS you are using (which you don't even say). What is the version numbers of the PFC DLL and the FSUIPC, please?

you gave already the answer that this one has been calibrated in the pfc-dll driver.

No! You never mentioned anything about a DLL, and you explicitly said it could not be calibrated. Don't you remember this?

About this:

I didnot know that.So Icouldnot find anything about calibrating, thats why I mentioned it.

Why have you not looked at the PFC.DLL User guide which accompanies the DLL? Please do so. Search for "CALIBRATION", and also "Throttle Quadrants".

Maybe you could shine a little more light regarding the influence on using fsuipc regarding the issue.

Why? It is easier to do in the PFC driver. Please explain.

Regards

Pete

Okay. So presumably you are using my PFC.DLL or PFCFSX.DLL depending on which FS you are using (which you don't even say). What is the version numbers of the PFC DLL and the FSUIPC, please?

I have FSX accelerator and this is what I see in modules

PFCFSX.DLL, Version 4.30 by Pete Dowson *********

6521: Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

10015: Refesh initialisation to synchronize switches

********* PFCFSX Log file closed *********

No! You never mentioned anything about a DLL, and you explicitly said it could not be calibrated. Don't you remember this?

Probebly you mis understood my answer.

I didnot know anything about pfc and you said in the former answer that your pfc dll was calibrated by you by means of

dll file.

About this:

Why have you not looked at the PFC.DLL User guide which accompanies the DLL? Please do so. Search for "CALIBRATION", and also "Throttle Quadrants".

I was never aware of it in that periode.

also i dont see a pfc userguide in the module sextor

the only thing I see is the fsuipc guide but that one I never used.

only last week I started with it to try to solve the nervous throttles.

thats why I try to find answer.

b.t.w it seems reading your answers if you feel yourself attact with my question and answers which you should not do this.

it's a fact that not everyone has the same knowledge and ofcourse it could be my english due to the fact

English is not my first language.

Regards

Pete

PFCFSX.DLL, Version 4.30 by Pete Dowson *********

Okay, so you are using FSX and PFCFSX. That's fine except version 4.30 is quite a bit out of date. Version 4.34 is the earliest supported, and there's a version 4.379 available in the Download Links subforum.

you said in the former answer that your pfc dll was calibrated by you by means of

dll file.

i think you are not reading my replies? It is up to YOU, not me, to calibrate your throttles using the facilities provided in the DLL.

I was never aware of it in that periode.

also i dont see a pfc userguide in the module sextor

What? You are using PFCFSX.DLL but you have NEVER even looked at the documentation? I find that rather incredible!?

It isn't installed in any Modules folder. It is supplied WITH the DLL inside the same ZIP. How have you downloaded and installed the DLL and never noticed that there is documentation?

Because it is that driver which is controlling the throttles directly, and does the assignments and calibrations. The calibration interface is more graphic as well. There's no point at all in making things more complicated.

Please please PLEASE read the manual! That's what it is for!

:-(

Pete

Okay, so you are using FSX and PFCFSX. That's fine except version 4.30 is quite a bit out of date. Version 4.34 is the earliest supported, and there's a version 4.379 available in the Download Links subforum.

i think you are not reading my replies? It is up to YOU, not me, to calibrate your throttles using the facilities provided in the DLL.

What? You are using PFCFSX.DLL but you have NEVER even looked at the documentation? I find that rather incredible!?

It isn't installed in any Modules folder. It is supplied WITH the DLL inside the same ZIP. How have you downloaded and installed the DLL and never noticed that there is documentation?

Because it is that driver which is controlling the throttles directly, and does the assignments and calibrations. The calibration interface is more graphic as well. There's no point at all in making things more complicated.

Please please PLEASE read the manual! That's what it is for!

:-(

Pete

as I said there is no manual

I wrote to PFC to ask for a new release and they told me there isnt

furthermore they mentioned that I have to pay 50 dollar before they gave a support.

so my question is

do you have a link to the new release?

and do you have a manual for pfc which contains the calibration items.

than I will not further boring you with stupid question from a user although I think

that a lot of people who buys a car, are not very interested in how the car is assembled.

unless there are problems than they are looking for people who can help.

anyway thanks for the fast respons

doeke

as I said there is no manual

No, you said you didn't find one in the Modules folder. you must look in the ZIP from which you got the DLL..

I wrote to PFC to ask for a new release and they told me there isnt

furthermore they mentioned that I have to pay 50 dollar before they gave a support.

All my software is here and on the Schiratti site, the same one you get FSUIPC from. The one linked to all over the place.

so my question is do you have a link to the new release?

I already told you, the latest release in in the Download Links subforum. A slightly earlier one is at the main Schiratti site which has all my software. There are links in the FSUIPC documentation, and on SimMarket.

and do you have a manual for pfc which contains the calibration items.

It is inside the same ZIP file you download when you get the PFC driver.

than I will not further boring you with stupid question from a user although I think

that a lot of people who buys a car, are not very interested in how the car is assembled.

unless there are problems than they are looking for people who can help.

A bad analogy. The user guide is nothing whatsoever to do with how things work or are put together. It is THE essential guide to installing, configuring and using the software. I cannot imagine how you managed to get the PFC driver with no documentation. It has NEVER been supplied separately by me, not ever.

Do you drive a new car with no user manual, no instructions, nothing? You just guess? That will work when you've seen a car before, perhaps, as they standardise things quite well. But yuo can't expect all software and hardware for PCs to be so similar. It has many more possible functions to choose from than a car.

Regards

Pete

No, you said you didn't find one in the Modules folder. you must look in the ZIP from which you got the DLL..

All my software is here and on the Schiratti site, the same one you get FSUIPC from. The one linked to all over the place.

I already told you, the latest release in in the Download Links subforum. A slightly earlier one is at the main Schiratti site which has all my software. There are links in the FSUIPC documentation, and on SimMarket.

It is inside the same ZIP file you download when you get the PFC driver.

A bad analogy. The user guide is nothing whatsoever to do with how things work or are put together. It is THE essential guide to installing, configuring and using the software. I cannot imagine how you managed to get the PFC driver with no documentation. It has NEVER been supplied separately by me, not ever.

Do you drive a new car with no user manual, no instructions, nothing? You just guess? That will work when you've seen a car before, perhaps, as they standardise things quite well. But yuo can't expect all software and hardware for PCs to be so similar. It has many more possible functions to choose from than a car.

Regards

Pete

I have never understand that the fsuipc and pfc are the same.

thats the reason I went first to pfc to find the answer and they told me there is no driver upgrade

lateron I tried via fsuipc

fsuipc gave a manual but not pfc

i have the latest fsuipc but i have never had a upgrade answer from pfc

anyway it doesnot want to work between you and me

I got strange answers and questions and you dont seem to listen to a normal customer who is not familiar

with this type of software

obviously you can get on very well with yourself.

thanks anyway for the fast replies and I will search furtheron to find a solution for my

moving throttles which you dont want to answer.

I have never understand that the fsuipc and pfc are the same.

No, they are definitely NOT the same. The PFC drivers use FSUIPC, but they are only for folks with PFC serial devices. I also made the "PFCHID" driver for PFC USB devices, and the EPICINFO driver for EPIC cards.

All of my software for FS is supported here, in this Forum, and available through the Schiratti site with updates provided here in the Download Links subforum.

thats the reason I went first to pfc to find the answer and they told me there is no driver upgrade

Strange. Tell them they don't know what they are talking about.

lateron I tried via fsuipc

fsuipc gave a manual but not pfc

This is the problem, eveidently. I can't understand why they gave you no manual! Wasn't the PFC driver in a ZIP file? Did you check in there for a manual? There's no excuse for them not to provide one!

I got strange answers and questions and you dont seem to listen to a normal customer who is not familiar

with this type of software

Strange? I don't think so. I am simply amazed that you have no manual and are trying to use such complex and feature-full software without. All i'm asking you to do is go get it, now, and read it!

I've never had any trouble like this with any other PFC user. I don't understand what has gone wrong. Can you PLEASE re-check the ZIP file.

thanks anyway for the fast replies and I will search furtheron to find a solution for my

moving throttles which you dont want to answer.

Now you are being just silly! How do you work out that I "don't want to answer"? The answer is to calibrate in the PFC driver. THAT IS THE ANSWER! There's no other needed. If you have a question about that, then come back and ask, but please do NOT claim your questions are not answered!

Pete

No, they are definitely NOT the same. The PFC drivers use FSUIPC, but they are only for folks with PFC serial devices. I also made the "PFCHID" driver for PFC USB devices, and the EPICINFO driver for EPIC cards.

All of my software for FS is supported here, in this Forum, and available through the iSchiratt site with updates provided here in the Download Links subforum.

Strange. Tell them they don't know what they are talking about.

This is the problem, eveidently. I can't understand why they gave you no manual! Wasn't the PFC driver in a ZIP file? Did you check in there for a manual? There's no excuse for them not to provide one!

Strange? I don't think so. I am simply amazed that you have no manual and are trying to use such complex and feature-full software without. All i'm asking you to do is go get it, now, and read it!

I've never had any trouble like this with any other PFC user. I don't understand what has gone wrong. Can you PLEASE re-check the ZIP file.

Now you are being just silly! How do you work out that I "don't want to answer"? The answer is to calibrate in the PFC driver. THAT IS THE ANSWER! There's no other needed. If you have a question about that, then come back and ask, but please do NOT claim your questions are not answered!

Pete

Well at least you understand now why I was confused due to the answer I got from the PFC team and

in addition to pay for a support.

I always understood that an update of drivers is part of the purchase of the hardware.

Thats the reason I searched for an answer within PFC .corp

Furthermore you said the answer of the throttles is: the calibration.

But I learned from you that this already had been done by you

see quote:

The throttle quadrant system I have from PFC is connected by serial cable and is calibrated in the PFC.DLL (or PFCFSX.DLL in FSX) driver I made for PFC serial devices.

Anyway, is the update of the driver of the pfc quadrant throttle in schiratti downloads? you said or do you mean the fsuipc?

that one I already have the latest.

Well at least you understand now why I was confused due to the

Furthermore you said the answer of the throttles is: the calibration.

But I learned from you that this already had been done by you

No, it cannot have been done by me! I have not been to your house and calibrated your throttles. You have to do that! It should have been one of the first things you did after connecting up and running FS.

see quote:

The throttle quadrant system I have from PFC is connected by serial cable and is calibrated in the PFC.DLL (or PFCFSX.DLL in FSX) driver I made for PFC serial devices.

That says I made the drivers. I used the drivers for my quadrant to calibrate, just as you need to for yours. I cannot calibrate YOUR throttle quadrant from here! I cannot even see it let alone reach it!

Anyway, is the update of the driver of the pfc quadrant throttle in schiratti downloads? you said or do you mean the fsuipc?

that one I already have the latest.

The very latest FSUIPC (3.998e or 4.742) is available here, in the forum, just as are the PFC drivers -- check the Download Links subforum as I already told you. The oldest supported version of the PFC driver, which is later than yours, is on the Schiratti site, as I also already told you, along with all the rest of my software.

Shall i repeat this again?

(I am starting to understand why PFC charge for Support. I don't get anything for supporting PFC, and it is evidently hard work even just to get someone to update and read a manual!).

Regards

Pete

(I am starting to understand why PFC charge for Support. I don't get anything for supporting PFC, and it is evidently hard work even just to get someone to update and read a manual!).

well i didnot have a manual, DO I HAVE TO REPEAT THAT AGAIN?

any way in the meantime I found the update and now I can see where I have to calibrate.

thank you for your enormous patience for a new client who has not the knowledge of a genias like you

goodluck

well i didnot have a manual, DO I HAVE TO REPEAT THAT AGAIN?

No, of course not -- you surely already saw my amazement at that!

But ever since that was clear, I've been trying to get you to download the current release version which will give you the manual as well.

Regards

Pete

No, of course not -- you surely already saw my amazement at that!

But ever since that was clear, I've been trying to get you to download the current release version which will give you the manual as well.

Regards

Pete

yes i have it now and also the manual which i am reading right away

afterall ends well and keep the sunny side up

doeke