The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek TQ

Hi Pete,

I have fs9.1 and am using FSUIPC to work the throttles. My setup is the Saitek Pro Flight and two Saitek TQ's, one is connected to the yoke by USB and the other to the yoke with what looks like a PS2 connection. I have set up my throttles for the PMDG 747 using the axis and calibration menu of FSUIPC so both throttles are set up the same. However the throttles that are connected to the yoke with a "PS2" connection (Throttles 3 & 4) do not respond until the levers have been cycled once through full range. The other throttles, 1 & 2 work OK. I have reset and re-calibrated them with no luck. The other thing I've noticed on the calibration page is the following when I open FSUIPC before touching the levers.

For the two OK throttles (#1&2) -16384 IN

0 OUT

For the other two throttles (#3&4) 16383 IN

16384 OUT

After cycling #3&4 the values change to the same as #1&2. Throttles #3&4 are the ones that I'm having the problem with and are connected with the "PS2" connection to the yoke (they come as part of the flight yoke.) Additionally sometime throttles 3 & 4 are set in the full throttle position when I ope the Thr. window in the 747. Again they go back to normal after recycling them twice.

I would appreciate any advice you may give me. I have ensured that all settings in other areas - FS, Saitek SST software are not interfering with FSUIPC.

Many Thanks

Rob

I have fs9.1 and am using FSUIPC to work the throttles. My setup is the Saitek Pro Flight and two Saitek TQ's, one is connected to the yoke by USB and the other to the yoke with what looks like a PS2 connection. I have set up my throttles for the PMDG 747 using the axis and calibration menu of FSUIPC so both throttles are set up the same. However the throttles that are connected to the yoke with a "PS2" connection (Throttles 3 & 4) do not respond until the levers have been cycled once through full range. The other throttles, 1 & 2 work OK.

Since FSUIPC has no way of distinguishing them as different types of input, the differences you observe must be entirely in the province of Saitek's hardware or its drivers. Have you tried their support, or even posting in their Forum where I'm sure there must be many other users?

If nothing else works and Saitek cannot fix it I can only suggest that moving the throttles back and forth is part of your FS startup checklist.

Regards

Pete