The simFlight Network Forums

Instability with Panel Move

Mr. Dowson,

I am experiencing stability issues with my 3.0.4.0 registered FSUIPC. In any aircraft, when I move a panel (main or anything), FS2004 crashes to the desktop and no prompt windows displayed (reports etc.). When I remove FSUIPC it works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kris Reaville

(dash8311)

I am experiencing stability issues with my 3.0.4.0 registered FSUIPC. In any aircraft, when I move a panel (main or anything), FS2004 crashes to the desktop and no prompt windows displayed (reports etc.). When I remove FSUIPC it works fine.

Have you got the Technical page option set to "fix" panel windows? If not, then FSUIPC doesn't really have anything to do with this, and it doesn't even know you are doing it. Just because it occurs with FSUIPC installed and not otherwise doesn't necessarily mean it is the culprit.

Pete

Doesn't seem to make a difference if panel move is on or off, although when I move the panel in my Oleksiy Frolov Dash-8 it doesn't crash. In default aircraft it crashes to the desktop...hmm...

Sounds like it might be something to do with video drivers or your AGP settings. Try going to FS's Options-Settings-Display-Hardware, and setting "render to texture" off. If that fixes it, then it's some sort of AGP problem, an interaction between DX9 and your video drivers or their AGP settings.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Peter,

I turned off Render to Texture and it doesn't help. I removed all FSUIPC related files and it still does it. Also I set all video settings to 'Minimal' and tried that; still nothing. I'm going to uninstall and then delete all directories pertaining to FS9 and start from scratch. I'll remember to keep my registration details from the *.reg file.

Thanks for your help!

Kris Reaville

(dash8311)

I turned off Render to Texture and it doesn't help. I removed all FSUIPC related files and it still does it. Also I set all video settings to 'Minimal' and tried that; still nothing. I'm going to uninstall and then delete all directories pertaining to FS9 and start from scratch. I'll remember to keep my registration details from the *.reg file.

Have you got DX9b? That may help, along with the latest video drivers.

Good luck!

Regards,

Pete

I have DX9.0a, which I'm updating in about 30 seconds to 9b. This is also in the Display tab window:

'The file nv4_disp.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.'

I'll update my video drivers as well before deleting FS9 (takes too long to install, lol)

Thanks again,

Kris

Uninstalled & deleted FS9 completly (including my Application Data FS9)

Installed new Detenator Drivers for NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti200 vid card

Installed DX9b

Restarted

Installed FS9

Installed FSUIPC

Works great!

Set a restore point!

...weird...

Also another problem I have is when I load any airplane the trim bottom's out (nose down) completly. I can't adjust it or do anything to change it. I've had the problem before but it just went away so I never worried about it. Any ideas on that? I know it isn't a FSUIPC related problem, at least I hope not, but you may know.

Thanks,

Kris[/url]

Works great!

Set a restore point!

Good. Glad you got it sorted.

Also another problem I have is when I load any airplane the trim bottom's out (nose down) completly. I can't adjust it or do anything to change it. I've had the problem before but it just went away so I never worried about it. Any ideas on that?

That's normally a result of engaging the autopilot on the ground. Wait till you are airborne.

If it isn't that, I don't know, sorry. Check that you don't have an axis assigned to the trim in the FS assignments, or calibrated in FSUIPC.

Otherwise, maybe someone else can jump in?

Regards,

Pete

Ah ha! I found the problem!

I fly RC airplanes, and naturally, have an RC simulator. It has it's own controller and when that is connected it has the FS trims on an axis for some reason. The center for the RC controller just happens to be full down trim.

Thanks again,

Kris