The simFlight Network Forums

Brake and steering problem

hi to all

This week i bought a sterring tiller and it works very good. i have configurated via fsuipc and in axis assigment i checked via FS and checked steering pack

when i move the steering wheel the gear moves correctly.

als i have the brakes configurated via fsuipc and i added both axis via fsuipc and calibrated via fsuipc and also works perfect

but the problem is that while i´m turning with the tiller and i push the brake, the plane brakes but the brake does not continue while i have the pedal pushed. in the other side with the plane stopped if i push the brakes the brake letters appear continuslty

waht can i do?

there is any way to select in an axis that send the action while hold?

thanks a lot

Miguel

but the problem is that while i´m turning with the tiller and i push the brake, the plane brakes but the brake does not continue while i have the pedal pushed. in the other side with the plane stopped if i push the brakes the brake letters appear continuslty

Sorry, I don't quite understand. Are you saying that your steering tiller axis and your toe brake axes are interfering with each other? Do the brakes work okay when you are not using the tiller? Do you perhaps have dual assignments -- maybe the tiller axis is being assigned to brakes in FS?

there is any way to select in an axis that send the action while hold?

Sorry, you need to explain what you mean by that. Send what sort of action? What do you mean "while hold"?

Regards

Pete

Hi pete

The brakes and the tiller works perfect and there is not any interference

When i push the pedal i see the brake letters in the sim

If i let the pedlal pushed without touching the tiller the plane brakes while i have the pedal pushed. This is what i want that happen while turning

But if in the turn i push the brake the plane brake for 1 second,while turning but like if i pushed just one time the pedal

What i want is to be able to maintain the brake pushed during the turn, but to do that i have to push the brakes several times

I hope you could understand now

Miguel

The brakes and the tiller works perfect and there is not any interference

Right.

If i let the pedlal pushed without touching the tiller the plane brakes while i have the pedal pushed. This is what i want that happen while turning

But if in the turn i push the brake the plane brake for 1 second,while turning but like if i pushed just one time the pedal

Er .. so the brake pedal axis is NOT working correctly? If you keep the brake pedal depressed it should brake all the time, until you release the pedal. If it is not braking when you turn the tiller there is certainly some interference or double assignment.

What i want is to be able to maintain the brake pushed during the turn, but to do that i have to push the brakes several times

It sounds as if your brake pedal is NOT assigned to the brakes axis, but the "BRAKES" control (the same as pressing the . key). That is not correct!

I hope you could understand now

Not really. I think you need to tell me what you've assigned these things to and where!

Pete

I found the problem

I thought that the problem was with the steering but it was easier

When the throttle is over a certain thurst when you brake it only brake one time

Under that thrust limit when you let the pedal pushed it brakes continusly. If you advance the lever over the limit with the pedal pushed it stops braking

Thanks a lot

Miguel

When the throttle is over a certain thurst when you brake it only brake one time

Under that thrust limit when you let the pedal pushed it brakes continusly. If you advance the lever over the limit with the pedal pushed it stops braking

I've never heard of that. Is this with a specific aircraft? If so it must be specifically programmed like that. It certainly isn't normal.

Regards

Pete

This is what happen to me

I use pmdg flight model with prosim

Well, it's some function operated by one of those, then. It may be an attempt to implerment the anti-skid system. It doesn't make sense in any case to have both high thrust setting and brake the same side at the same time -- opposite side thrust, yes, for tight cornering.

Pete