The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Sound Interface volume

I am playing sounds in the sim via the offsets at 0x4200 and above, but the volume seems very low compared to the cockpit and engine noise. I have tried adjusting all of the FS sound volumes to see if this can be raised, but it doesn't appear to be.

Is there any way via this interface that the volume can be adjusted?

Cheers!

Luke

I am playing sounds in the sim via the offsets at 0x4200 and above, but the volume seems very low compared to the cockpit and engine noise. I have tried adjusting all of the FS sound volumes to see if this can be raised, but it doesn't appear to be.

Is there any way via this interface that the volume can be adjusted?

The offset interface (designed originally for my obsolete Esound module in about 1998) has a fixed volume setting of 100% -- i.e. the maximum value DirectSound accepts. The same internal code is used by the Lua plug-in sound library but that is provided with a volume control facility. But of course still 100% is the highest it can go.

If the sound at max isn't loud enough then you'd need to either adjust the sliders for the playback device, or edit the WAV files you are using to increase their volume. Maybe it the other sound channels you are comparing it with which are recorded louder?

Regards

Pete

If the sound at max isn't loud enough then you'd need to either adjust the sliders for the playback device, or edit the WAV files you are using to increase their volume. Maybe it the other sound channels you are comparing it with which are recorded louder?

It could be. I raised the volume of the source WAV file and didn't notice a difference, but I didn't restart the sim between times. I'll poke around a little more - I'm reasonably confident that I changed the ID that I passed to FSUIPC on the play call each time, but not 100%.

Thanks for the information.

Cheers!

Luke