The simFlight Network Forums

Multiple Controls

I have both the Saitek Pro flight yoke with throttle quadrant and also the Logitech Attack3 joystick, I am wondering if FSUIPC will allow my to use these controls together (Yoke for boeing ect.. and the Logitech for airbus)? As it stands if i try to move the airerons with the joystick it just stays centered as if its being overridden by the yoke, yet this is not the case for the elevators. Any help is appriciated!

Thanks

Grant

I would have thought this could possibly be done using profiles?

If you keep both connected, or allocate specific IDs to the controllers, then you should be able to allocate the controls independently.

Take a look at the manual section about aircraft profiles and see if that helps.

Best of luck!

Ian P.

I have both the Saitek Pro flight yoke with throttle quadrant and also the Logitech Attack3 joystick, I am wondering if FSUIPC will allow my to use these controls together (Yoke for boeing ect.. and the Logitech for airbus)? As it stands if i try to move the airerons with the joystick it just stays centered as if its being overridden by the yoke, yet this is not the case for the elevators.

As Ian says, with different profiles for different aircraft types you can have assignments and calibrations made in FSUIPC switched according to what aircraft you have loaded at the time. In general that's the cleanest way.

Alternatively, since both FS and FSUIPC only react to an axis control when the value it is sending changes what FS should be doing, in general for well-behaved controls, there should be no interference unless you move them intentionally. In your case it sounds like the Saitek yoke is jittery and not stable when left alone. A lot of folks have mentioned this. If you are calibrating in FSUIPC one trick is to simply declare a wider central "null" zone so that minor jitters are ignored when the yoke is left centred.

Another technique is to assign both sets of controls directly in FSUIPC, using "direct to FSUIPC calibration" for both. Calibrate them in FSUIPC -- you might need to compromise a bit if their inputs are slightly different in range. Then FSUIPC will arbitrate between them, taking the one with the largest deflection as the active one. That way you can change over at any time. This method is really mainly of use in a dual cockpit situation with identical controls for pilot and copilot. It wouldn't work so well if the control inputs are wildly mismatching as the single calibration wouldn't suit both.

Remember to disable the controllers in FS itself if assigning in FSUIPC. Having them assigned in both places will be pretty disastrous.

Regards

Pete