The simFlight Network Forums

Blank Axis Assignment

LeeL

Hi

I recently switched over to fsx on a new pc. I installed fsuipc and for the first couple if days everything was fine. But now I can't set my axis. Everything on the set axis page is unclickable I can click reload only when I click reload assignments but that doesn't do anything. and when I put my cursor in the movement or lever boxes nothing happens. It's like it's not recognizing my controllers (Saitek rudder yoke and throttle )

I am in the process of updating my Saitek drivers

Any ideas for now?

Thanks lee

But now I can't set my axis. Everything on the set axis page is unclickable I can click reload only when I click reload assignments but that doesn't do anything. and when I put my cursor in the movement or lever boxes nothing happens. It's like it's not recognizing my controllers (Saitek rudder yoke and throttle )

Nothing is shown until it sees an axis changing. I assume you are actually moving the axes to see? You don't say. If nothing is shown when you move things then either you've disabled joystick scanning in the INI file or the joystick isn't working in Windows. Try deleting the FSUIPC4.INI file before loading FSX, as a test. Save a copy first if it contains a lot of your settings.

What about FSX's assignments dialogue? If FSX itself sees the axes then so will FSUIPC4. It uses the exact same routines.

Also, please ensure you are using a supported version of FSUIPC4. Current is 4.751a.

Regards

Pete