The simFlight Network Forums

Help with Offset 310A

Hello,

i need a litle help with the Offset 310A for the Joystick control.

1. The Problem: Whenever i fly with the iFLY 737 often, i have the problem when i will start on the Runway and i power up the engines with 40%, wait until the engines run stable and the comes it up.

When i now press the TOGA Button nothing will happen because the FSX recive a signal from my Joystick ( Saitek X52 with Throttle control ) and works only with this values.

In the iFLY menu you can select to inhibit the Throttle contro when Autothrottle is enabled, but it did not work.

Ok, so i have tried to set the Offset 310A bit 3 to 8 the cut off the throttle by FSUIPC Button Control.

It works only for Axis 1 ( Throttle lever 1 ) not for all?

I have also tried to do the same with Offset 310B, but it dosent work.

Ps.: I have FSUIPC 4.751a .. the last one

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

Matthias

Ok, so i have tried to set the Offset 310A bit 3 to 8 the cut off the throttle by FSUIPC Button Control.

The bits for throttles 1 and 2 are bits 6 and 7 only. There is no bit 8 in a BYTE value. The mask you need is 0xC0 or 192 (128 + 64).

It works only for Axis 1 ( Throttle lever 1 ) not for all?

It works for everything as documented. it is used in a lot of serious cockpits. Don't forget you need to repeat the setting every few seconds.

If you are operating this action by a button or switch, you do realise that FSUIPC does provide special controls called "throttles off" and "throttles on" which you can use for this, assignable to buttons or keypresses?

I have also tried to do the same with Offset 310B, but it dosent work.

Considering that the only throttles inhibitable by this offset are #3 and #4 (via the same bits), and that a 737 is woefully short in this regard, I'm not surprised!

Don't forget that FSUIPC can only disconnect throttle inputs which are calibrated through FSUIPC.

Regards

Pete

thanks for explaining .. now i understand, but it wont work for me.

I have tired Setbit and setbyte , see the pictures.

it works only for the left ( 1 ) lever, the right one is not inhibited.

How are the axes assigned and calibrated? How often are you pressing the button? Why is it assigned for press and release?

No need (ever) to provide pictures. All the details are in your FSUIPC INI file. Pictures show less and take more space.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete,

How are the axes assigned and calibrated?

i have an Saitek X52 Flight Controler, Joystick and Throttle control.

At the first site of the FSUIPC Joystick configuration i have selected the option MAP to 4 throttles.

Then on page 3 in the Joystick configuration i have setet up the Axis for the Throttle.

How often are you pressing the button?

One times, two times and so on, i testet many things and many times before i asked you.

Why is it assigned for press and release?

As above .. i have also testt as button press only and also as button press and release.

No need (ever) to provide pictures. All the details are in your FSUIPC INI file. Pictures show less and take more space

One picture say more then tausend words :smile:

Matthias

Ahhhhh, it works now....

The reason is on the 3 Joystick setup site. I have deselected the option Exclude Throttlen_Set

Ok, works now.

But if its ok in this Thread i want to ask you why i have to Kalibrate the Joystick every time i start the FlightSim?

Matthias

Ahhhhh, it works now....The reason is on the 3 Joystick setup site. I have deselected the option Exclude Throttlen_Set

Hmmm. I'm not sure why that would let the other throttle values through, though (I'll need to look at that here), but certainly you should only uncheck that option if the aircraft you are using specifically needs it unchecked, which is a rarity.

But if its ok in this Thread i want to ask you why i have to Kalibrate the Joystick every time i start the FlightSim?

You never have to re-calibrate, unless of course your joystick is going wrong and producing different results each time, which seems unlikely. Why do you think you have to? The calibration settings are all saved in the FSUIPC4.INI and restored when you reload FS. The values you se in calibration are there, readable in the INI.

You seem to be reluctant to show me any INI settings so I can't really see what sort of calibration you are performing.

Regards

Pete

The reason is on the 3 Joystick setup site. I have deselected the option Exclude Throttlen_Set

After some testing here I've found that it isn't really that option which affects it, but the Mapping of the one throttle input to the four throttle outputs. It seems that such mapping can defeat the disconnection facilities imposed via offsets 310A and 310B.

Odd that this has not been discovered before. it doesn't apply to FSUIPC3, only to FSUIPC4 and is a result of the need to intercept controls at one level of SimConnect and send them on at another. In FS9 and before it was a simple matter of receiving WM_COMMAND messages via Windows and deciding whether to pass them on or not.

Anyway, I have managed to fix it here and will be providing an update, FSUIPC 4.753, tomorrow (Tuesday).

Meanwhile did you discover what your problem was with calibrations?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

you are right, the Option .. exclude... was not the Problem, after the second test it dosent work again :-)

I'm realy happy about that you provide a new update regarding my problem .. thanks.

The problem with the Callibration .. i dont know what the problem is.

I start FSX , then i calibrate the Joi in FSUIPC and then i can fly. ( I must calibrate because the Reverser comes up in Idle position of the Joi without calibration).

The i leave the FSX and restart and now, when i start the Engines and set the Throttle to Idle with the Joi, most times the reverser comes up in idle position.

So i must recalibrate the joi again.

Thanks

Matthias

you are right, the Option .. exclude... was not the Problem, after the second test it dosent work again :smile:

I'm realy happy about that you provide a new update regarding my problem .. thanks.

Get FSUIPC 4.753

The problem with the Callibration .. i dont know what the problem is.

I start FSX , then i calibrate the Joi in FSUIPC and then i can fly. ( I must calibrate because the Reverser comes up in Idle position of the Joi without calibration).

The i leave the FSX and restart and now, when i start the Engines and set the Throttle to Idle with the Joi, most times the reverser comes up in idle position.

So i must recalibrate the joi again.

But re-calibrating with the same axes to the same values does nothing but replace the same numbers in the same places. Are you sure that it isn't simply that your joystick controller isn't providing a valid input until you've moved the levers? Don't they all work properly simply after waggling them back and forth once, after first loading? There's no way that FSUIPC will ever be discarding your previous calibrations.

The controller is probably simply asleep initially. This is a common thing to happen, especially if you are allowing Windows to turn off the power to USB devices -- change the Power Management option on every USB hub in the Windows Device Manager to fix that.

Regards

Pete

thank's for preparing the new Version so fast, but it did work for the iFLY..sorry.

The only change was to fix the disabling of the mapped throttles, that was all. So what do you mean "it did not work"? What "did not work"?

Always when i use the A/T Autopilot the Joistick has the command.

I'm not doing anything to change that -- that was what you are doing, isn't it? Why you wanted to use 310A to disconnect?

We seem to be going in circles now.

Pete