The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and GoFlight SECM

Dear Mr Dowson,

I would be most grateful for your help.

I recently had to change the hard drive on my PC, and ended up having to do a clean install of everything; Windows 7 64 bit, FSX with the acceleration pack and so on. Before the crash, I had the SECM working perfectly, but since the re-install, I am having trouble.

My general problem is that I cannot remember what I did the last time around!

I am fairly sure I am using the correct version of GFDev.dll (which I have copied into the /Modules folder), version 2.0.1.1 and I downloaded the most recent version of FSUIPC. I have tried to program the SECM; so on the Buttons + Switches tab, I have ticked the "Select for FS control"; then for example the Master Battery switch is Joy# 202 and Btn# is 0; I have selected "Toggle Battery Master" as the Control sent when button is pressed and the same when button is relased. My problem is that the action in Flight Simulator is reversed. When the switch on the SECM is up, i.e. on, the control is off in Flight Simulator and vice versa. This problem applies to all those Flight Sim controls where there is one option available only, not where there is an explicit on and off function.

I have spent the night looking at the forums and am no closer to a solution. I am missing something very simple.

I would be most grateful for your advice.

Regards,

Eamonn Shanahan

You have a timing issue, you need to set the toggle in the right spot before hitting the switch. ie if the bat is already on, and you hit the switch to on it turns off, and vice versa. In this case just use the keyboard command to get the toggle in the right position. ie if your switch on the SECM is on, and FS is off, use the keyboard command to switch the battery to on, then you switch should be correctly timed.

Hi Alaxus,

Thanks for that. It certainly makes sense, but unfortunely does not seem to work for me.

I also tried renaming FSUIPC4.ini, which did cause FSUIPC to creat a new ini file; but even then it still got the action the wrong way around.

On a seperate tack, given that I have to use say, Toggle Master Battery in both button pressed and button released boxes, do I need to put something in the Parameter box?

Thanks again,

Eamonn Shanahan

On a seperate tack, given that I have to use say, Toggle Master Battery in both button pressed and button released boxes, do I need to put something in the Parameter box?

Thanks again,

Eamonn Shanahan

Mine auto-populates with 0 for Toggle Master Battery

I dont have any GF stuff, but I tried with just a switch wired to a joystick button and set it up the way you had it and it works fine. So maybe GFDev.dll is doing something different. Speaking of which does the SECM still show up as a joystick when the GFDev.dll is not in the modules folder?.....If the SECM just shows up as a joystick you may not need GFDev.dll.

I have selected "Toggle Battery Master" as the Control sent when button is pressed and the same when button is relased. My problem is that the action in Flight Simulator is reversed. When the switch on the SECM is up, i.e. on, the control is off in Flight Simulator and vice versa. This problem applies to all those Flight Sim controls where there is one option available only, not where there is an explicit on and off function.

This is ALWAYS a problem using TOGGLE controls -- all "toggle" means is "turn it off if it is on or on if it is off". There's no way it can take into account your switch position in FS. You MUST get the screen cockpit in sync with the hardware first, and maybe re-sync if you load a new flight.

There is no way around this whatsoever unless you can find distinct ON/OFF controls for what you want to do, or resort instead to using FSUIPC Offsets to switch things on and off. For this you need the Offsets list, from the FSUIPC SDK, and then use the "Offset" controls in the assignments dropdown instead. For example, for Battery Master you'd find the offset is 3102, and it is 1 byte with 1=on, 0=0ff, so you'd assign On to offset byte set with offset x3102 and parameter 1, and Off to offset byte set with offset x3102 and parameter 0.

Regards,

Pete