The simFlight Network Forums

How to load you aircraft profile automatically ?

Hello:

I have a profile set up for my aircraft.

Is there a way for this profile to be loaded automatically whenever I start FSX?

At the moment after starting FSX, I open FSUPIC, select the assign buttons tab and ensure a check is in a box, so that I see the appropriate profile loaded. Seems a very long way to do this.

I only have one aircraft profile.

Thank you, Iain

I have a profile set up for my aircraft.

Is there a way for this profile to be loaded automatically whenever I start FSX?

If the aircraft being loaded has a name which matches one assigned to that profile, then the profile is loaded automatically. You NEVER manually load profiles, they only ever load according to the aircraft active in FS. That's the whole point of the facility! There is no way to do it manually.

At the moment after starting FSX, I open FSUPIC, select the assign buttons tab and ensure a check is in a box, so that I see the appropriate profile loaded. Seems a very long way to do this.

So why are you doing this? As I said, there's no way to get the wrong profile, FSUIPC will only use the one assigned to the current aircraft.

Regards

Pete

Hi Peter

Thanks for the note.

The profile is called B737 Project. Yet, when I open the 737 aircraft (either default or PMDG 737), the profile is not open. If I go in FSUPIC and click on a button and ensure a tick is in the box, the name comes up and then the profile works.

Cheers, Iain

The profile is called B737 Project. Yet, when I open the 737 aircraft (either default or PMDG 737), the profile is not open. If I go in FSUPIC and click on a button and ensure a tick is in the box, the name comes up and then the profile works.

For the profile to be loaded with the aircraft the aircraft name must be associated with that profile. That is done by assigning the profile to the aircraft using the drop down. I've no idea what you mean by clicking on a button and ensuring a tick is is a box -- if you are using profiles you get an assignment list and you select the profile you want. The name of the aircraft is then recorded in the INI file against that profile, and from then on everything is automatic. Maybe you have a number of different aircraft names and not all are yet assigned?

Please check the documentation about assigning profiles. There are pictures too.

Regards

Pete

• 9 years later...
On 1/6/2012 at 4:10 PM, Pete Dowson said:

For the profile to be loaded with the aircraft the aircraft name must be associated with that profile. That is done by assigning the profile to the aircraft using the drop down. I've no idea what you mean by clicking on a button and ensuring a tick is is a box -- if you are using profiles you get an assignment list and you select the profile you want. The name of the aircraft is then recorded in the INI file against that profile, and from then on everything is automatic. Maybe you have a number of different aircraft names and not all are yet assigned?

Please check the documentation about assigning profiles. There are pictures too.

Regards

Pete

Sorry to bring up this old topic.  But when you say "aircraft name", what does that mean?  Airline, Developer, Aircraft Manufacture, Aircraft Model?  

I guess more specifically, what name of the profile needs to match what name in the sim?  In my case, P3Dv5.1.

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

But when you say "aircraft name", what does that mean?  Airline, Developer, Aircraft Manufacture, Aircraft Model?  

It's the aircraft title, as selected in the sim, and and logged by FSUIPC in a line like this:

137796 Aircraft="ProsimB738 PBR 2020 - British Airways"

So, it can contain any or none of the things you ask, depending on the supplier's whim and also on you should you have edited the "title=" line in the Aircraft.CFG file.

Of course you can use any part of the name, as long as it does identify it or a group correctly and uniquely.

Pete

15 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

It's the aircraft title, as selected in the sim, and and logged by FSUIPC in a line like this:

137796 Aircraft="ProsimB738 PBR 2020 - British Airways"

So, it can contain any or none of the things you ask, depending on the supplier's whim and also on you should you have edited the "title=" line in the Aircraft.CFG file.

Of course you can use any part of the name, as long as it does identify it or a group correctly and uniquely.

Pete

Cool.  Thanks!