The simFlight Network Forums

can't register WideFS 7

Hi Mr. Dowson,

I had purchased the bundle package of FSUIPC 4 and WideFS 7 some time ago, and just tonight I had a reason to register the WideFS portion.

After running the latest installer and choosing a new registration of only WideFS, I put in my product key name and email as it was given to me from simmarket.

After I launch FSX though, when I go into FSUIPC, it still says WideFS needs to be registered.

I also tried relaunching the installer and choosing to input a new registration for both FSUIPC and WideFS.

FSUIPC still says WideFS isn't registered inside FSX.

What do I have to do?

Thanks.

A J Pongress

After I launch FSX though, when I go into FSUIPC, it still says WideFS needs to be registered.

I also tried relaunching the installer and choosing to input a new registration for both FSUIPC and WideFS.

FSUIPC still says WideFS isn't registered inside FSX.

What do I have to do?

Did you run the installer "as administrator" as instructed?

If you are not using the current version of the installer, 4.758, please get that and retry.

If you still have a problem I need to see both the Install log and the FSUIPC log, from the FSX modules folder.

Regards

Pete

• 1 year later...

HI Pete, Hi All,

I have FSUIPC4 installer version 4.927a
I have FSUIPC 4.927a
It is _IMPOSSIBLE_ for me also to record
WideFS7 in my other Simulator Prepar3D  v2.

I tried a lot of things but no worked.

(But Install in Fsx fine, and work very good )

Once P3D v2 open on my desk, FSUIPC said to me must "register WideFS".

I launched the install of FSUIPC with  the facility Administrator, also I had put the rights "GRANT" on all Loocked Martin folder.

Nothing has worked, but FSUIPC 4.927a work fine in my P3D v2,  except WideFs, impossible to register.

I do not know what to do for register WideFs.

Thank you Pete. You are the King, sure.
Friendly,
-
Pierre-Jean

If it works in FSX, can you try copying the license file from FSX modules to P3Dv2 modules?

Presuming that both are correctly licensed in FSX, then the license file should allow them to be accepted in P3Dv2 as well.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Hi Ian, thanks to you for your help  ;-))

Solution FOUND !

(It's was hard...)

Method ::

1) Copy the file FSUIPC.KEY from FSX Directory MODULES

2) Rename it like this : FSUIPC.FSX.KEY  and paste it in the MODULES P3D v2  Directory !

And now, I am connected with P3D v2 and FSC 9.4 deported on a secondary PC !

I'm glad.

Thanks All for your help.

Friendly,

--

Pierre-Jean

• 2 weeks later...

Rename it like this : FSUIPC.FSX.KEY  and paste it in the MODULES P3D v2  Directory !

Your problem was entirely due to your use of some installation fiddle to make P3D look like FSX for those add-ons which don't recognise P3D. The writer of the main one of these was supposed to be fixing it so it worked correctly. FSUIPC's installer cannot do anything about it because of your renaming of the P3D file. You may well encounter other problems because of this, and even random crashes in P3D. I'm afraid I cannot support FSUIPC or WideFS used in such circumstances.

Pete