The simFlight Network Forums

Aerosoft EFIS, MCP and EICAS

Pete-

I have Mel Ott's glareshield complement- and use the FSLabs driver to run it in the PMDG744. I was reading your documentation over, and noticed there was a section about the Aerosoft stuff. Is it possible to have it operate for other airplanes as well (read the NGX)? If so- any pointers would be most appreciated!

Ta!

Carl Avari-Cooper

I have Mel Ott's glareshield complement- and use the FSLabs driver to run it in the PMDG744. I was reading your documentation over, and noticed there was a section about the Aerosoft stuff.

Can you point me to it, as I don't recall anything about "Aerosoft" stuff. Do you mean Aerosoft in Germany, or the Aerosoft in Australia, from whom I have the GA28R cockpit and who made the 747 style MCP? Or are you talking about their new software gauges rather than any hardware?

Is it possible to have it operate for other airplanes as well (read the NGX)? If so- any pointers would be most appreciated!

Sorry, I don't know because I don't know exactly what it is you refer to.

Regards

Pete

Aerosoft Australia- the 747 MCP, EICAS, EFIS boxes.....

I used to have the MCP, years ago, but I never made any software for it. Andrew Maclean did his own drivers. Where in my documentation have you seen me refer to it? I'm intrigued.

I know folks are using that MCP with Project Magenta. I would think also that it could be used with default aircraft, and I seem to recall he implemented a system where you could reprogram the buttons to do other things, maybe through FSUIPC. I'm afraid it is all so many years ago I've forgotten most things about it.

Regards

Pete

Check out your FSUIPC documentation (latest version) starting on page 30.

There are four main documents, not counting the Histories. The User Guides for FSUIPC3 and FSUIPC4, and the Advanced User guides for both too.

I did a search on "Aerosoft" in the FSUIPC4 user guide and found some very very ol stuff in there on virtual button programming which uses the Aerosoft MCP facilities as an example. That was done many years ago. The virtual buttons are used a great deal these days for all sorts of things and have direct support in the Lua library too, but i've got no recollection at all about any of the old Aerosoft stuff and don't know of anyone using those facilities in that way. You'd need the original documentation from Aerosoft for that, I guess.

I am in contact with Andrew and have his latest stuff....but your bit got me interested in re. programming for the NGX. Would LINDA be a viable option?

Sorry, I don't know LINDA at all. Best ask in their Forum.

Regards

Pete