The simFlight Network Forums

Changing assigned joystick profile

Once you have assigned a joystick profile to an aircraft, the checkbox is greyed out so you can't change it. I assume it can be done by deleting a text string, probably in the fsuipc.ini but there is no way of doing it from inside FSUIPC? I assume changing the fsuipc.ini would need a restart of the flightsim?

I was also going to ask if a certain profile could be loaded by a key assignment, eg if you have a setup with two yokes and pedals and you want to transfer control to the other set. But I know read about the "direct to FSUIPC calibration" alternative in another thread and it sounds absolutely fantastic!

/Krister

Once you have assigned a joystick profile to an aircraft, the checkbox is greyed out so you can't change it. I assume it can be done by deleting a text string, probably in the fsuipc.ini but there is no way of doing it from inside FSUIPC?

Not at present, sorry. It hasn't really been a frequent enoguh need to warrant the extra complications. You need to find the [Profile.<name>] section in the INI and remove the aircraft name from the list below.

I assume changing the fsuipc.ini would need a restart of the flightsim?

Actually, I've not tested this, but I think it might work without doing that if you make sure that aircraft is not currently selected in FS, make the INI change, then go into the FSUIPC options (one of those where your aircraft has specific settings, like buttons, Keys, Joystick or Axes) and select the Reload button.

Regards

Pete