The simFlight Network Forums

Problem After Installing Payware

I just installed FSUIPC payware version 4 (had free version 4 installed). All FSX default and add-on aircraft now have various portions of panel and walls invisible or transparent.

What did i do wrong?

I did a scan of manual and could not figure out what I did or did not do. I made no changes that I know of using FSUIPC, and the install went smoothly.

Dave Ambrose

I just installed FSUIPC payware version 4 (had free version 4 installed).

There's no difference. It is only registration which unlocks the pay features. The program doesn't change.

All FSX default and add-on aircraft now have various portions of panel and walls invisible or transparent.

FSUIPC cannot possibly affect any of that. It isn't involved in any graphics whatsoever.

Regards

Pete

FSX worked perfectly before install

But you had it installed before. All you've done by purchasing it is registered it so unlocking features you've presumably not yet even used! So it's really doing nothing more than it was.

If you want me to check your installation, find the FSUIPC4.LOG file in the FSX Modules folder and paste its contents back in a message here. If you want t temporarily revert to unregistered as a test, just remove or rename the FSUIPC4.KEY file. If you are not using at least version 4.80 then update before doing anything.

bad download?

bad install?

FSUIPC4 wouldn't run if it was corrupted. It's code signature would not check out. See the log file.

Pete

Try searching for fsx.cfg and renaming it to fsx.bak.

Once you have done this, restart the sim and allow the cfg file to be rebuilt (you will be returned to default settings) - see if that fixes your problem.

The two may be unrelated, but co-incidentally occurred. It wouldn't be the first time such a thing has happened!

If it is fixed, you can either delete your .bak file and recreate your settings or, if you want, you can delete the new fsx.cfg, rename your fsx.bak file to .cfg and see if the problem returns. If nothing else, it'll rule out the usual culprit.

Ian P.

I think I have unfairly impuned Pete's fine software! Somehow (probably my screw-up) the Guages folder ended up in the Modules folder and thus FSX couldn't find it. I apologize for wasting your time Pete and Ian. I have no idea how the folder got moved. When I put it the right place everything seemed to wortk fine. Again I apologize Pete.... as the kids say "my bad".

Dave

I think I have unfairly impuned Pete's fine software! Somehow (probably my screw-up) the Guages folder ended up in the Modules folder and thus FSX couldn't find it. I apologize for wasting your time Pete and Ian. I have no idea how the folder got moved. When I put it the right place everything seemed to wortk fine.

Good, glad you sorted it out!

Regards

Pete

I used to work in an office IT department. You'd be amazed by how many "someone deleted my critical files!" calls were resolved by dragging it back out from a subfolder to where they wanted it. ;)

Glad you got it sorted.

Cheers,

Ian P.