The simFlight Network Forums

controling stab trim speed

I've read an article here addressing the same problem, controling the speed at which my stab trim travels. I've searched the user's guide but I don't follow what it's saying. As it stands, my stab trim goes thru a full range in about 1.5 seconds, I'd like to increase this time to about 15 seconds. The user guide say:

The elevator trim is a signed WORD at offset x0BC0. For this sort of information you'd need the Programmer's Guide in the FSUIPC4 SDK.

I don't know what is meant by "word at offset x0BCD" & haven't had luck yet finding the programmers guide. The user guide goes on to say:

Select the "Offset SWord Increment" control to program the nose up trim.

2. Enter x0BC0, or just xBC0 into the offset edit box.

3. Enter 256/16383 in the parameter box. The 256 is the increment and 16383 is

I don't understand what I'm being asked to do & I don't know where to find the offset edit box.

I'm not terribly computer literate, as simple as you can make it will go a long way for me, thank you in advanced for any help, warm regards, Steve

I've read an article here addressing the same problem, controling the speed at which my stab trim travels.

Where? A reference would have helped, as I don't remember one.

I've searched the user's guide but I don't follow what it's saying. As it stands, my stab trim goes thru a full range in about 1.5 seconds, I'd like to increase this time to about 15 seconds.

How are you making it "travel"? Key press, button, joystick lever or other axis, program? You need to be a little more explicit about what you mean I'm afraid. Also say what you are assigning whatever it is you are using. There are so many ways of controlling things I really can't guess.

The user guide say:

I think it says it it rather larger characters, though. I cannot read your quotes. Let me try and make them larger here:

"The elevator trim is a signed WORD at offset x0BC0. For this sort of information you'd need the Programmer's Guide in the FSUIPC4 SDK."

I don't know what is meant by "word at offset x0BCD"

You surely don't need to know exactly what it means. The part you are quoting from, removed from context like that, may look odd, but look at the heading of that section:

Offset Increment/Decrement Controls

See the word "Offset" there? Even then you don't really need to know. All you needed to do was follow the step-by-step instructions given. It tells you in step 2:

2. Enter x0BC0, or just xBC0 into the offset edit box.

which you could surely do withouty havingh any idea what 'offset' meant!?

& haven't had luck yet finding the programmers guide.

You don't need "luck", you only need to download the file containing it. It actually tells you it is in the FSUIPC SDK. That's available in the same place as FSUIPC, and it is called, unsurprisingly the FSUIPC SDK!

I don't understand what I'm being asked to do & I don't know where to find the offset edit box.

Why don't you just follow the numbered instructions. The "offset" edit box will appear, labelled "Offset". Just do what it says! It really cannot be explained any simpler than simple steps,

I'm not terribly computer literate, as simple as you can make it will go a long way for me,

You don't need to be computer literate, just literate! There are really no simpler steps. The section is in part of the user guide which has already shown you how to assign controls. Have you EVER used FSUIPC to assign any controls? If not, best go back to the beginning of the Chapter and try something simpler first. If you have then Step 1 is easy, just do exactly as it says. Once you've done that, step 2 becomes easy because you will magically see, on screen, the mysterious "offset" edit box appear! ;-)

Regards

Pete