The simFlight Network Forums

mouselook with no Controller(s) enabled?

using v4.803 / saw the 'mouseview' options

mouseview works in principle, with the regular FSX keys & controllers Enabled

but I have Unchecked my "Enable Controller(s)"

assigns Shift-O key to 'mouse look toggle' or 'mouselook toggle', or same to a button

and

the cross appears / the rightbutton menu is checked

but no MouseView

what am I missing?

I've moved this from the Download Links subforum, as it is not providing any download links and is actually a Support question. Please use the Support Forum for support. Thank you.

Sorry, is that a question for me?

using v4.803 / saw the 'mouseview' options

mouseview works in principle, with the regular FSX keys & controllers Enabled

but I have Unchecked my "Enable Controller(s)"

Sorry, I'm lost. Which facility are you calling "mouseview"? The FSX mouse look, the FSUIPC mouse look, or the FSUIPC mouse move? I've not documented a "mouseview" and am unsure what you mean here.

assigns Shift-O key to 'mouse look toggle' or 'mouselook toggle', or same to a button

and the cross appears / the rightbutton menu is checked but no MouseView

There's nothing in FSUIPC to make a cross appear. That's the FSX mouse look. It sounds like you are using FSX's "toggle mouse look", which would conflict with FSUIPC's mouselook.

I don't know what you mean by "the rightbutton menu is checked".

what am I missing?

Sorry, I really have no idea what you are doing or expecting. Does your mouse have a middle button? If so, try simply enabling Mouse Look in FSUIPC's Miscellaneous tab, then, in virtual cockpit mode, hold the middle button down and drag the mouse around. That's "mouse look". You can assign controls to buttons or keys to do it too -- I'd recomment assigning "mouselook on" to press, and "mouselook off" to release, with no repeats, for best usability.

Mouse look isn't a new facility in this version of FSUIPC. It previously operated only using the FSX toggle control, but that always resets the position first. That method still works, but don't use both.

Regards

Pete

sorry, mixed up, mouseview and 'mouse as yoke'

got the mousewheel working on my Logitech wireless (after plugging in a logitech wired concurrently, that took a while!)

so that's half the battle, but not Toglle

because I use TrackIR, would want to use mouseview Toggle

when my TrackIR is put in 'Pause' (so I can fixate the VC view to certain instruments, f.i.)

.. & with the mouseWheel, the nearest 'button' .. I thought, well never mind :cool:

anyway,

I just realized, I can use the new mouseview toggle control added to the button code,

on my MCP Combo, where I freeze my TrackIR

i'll test that tonight, thx