The simFlight Network Forums

Mouselook vs. Tooltips

Hi Pete,

I noticed today when I wanted to fly my NGX, that my Tooltips are gone. I'm using them for Trim message, to see exactly what my trim is set up when rolling the wheel.

Apparently, Mouselook function is disturbing the Tooltips function.

Any chance of fixing this, if possible at all?

Thanks

Kosta

I noticed today when I wanted to fly my NGX, that my Tooltips are gone. I'm using them for Trim message, to see exactly what my trim is set up when rolling the wheel.

Apparently, Mouselook function is disturbing the Tooltips function.

Hmm. Odd. How could a facility which is off unless you engage it affect something else? I assume tooltips are implemented by FS seeing where the mouse is hovering and then displaying little windows? I can understand that not happening if the mouse is not really allowed to hover, maybe, because of other actions it is being used for at the same time, but if mouse look is not in use I don't understand how it can affect it.

[LATER]

Aha! I see ... yes, my error. I relegated the mouse operations check to a function and used its return to determine whether to call the normal Windows procedure or not. I was returning the wrong value (a little -, i.e. minus sign, missing) if mouse look was enabled even if not engaged.

Sorry.

Odd that it hasn't been reported before. This isn't new.

It'll be fixed in version 4.81, which will be a new complete release ready for Prepar3D's forthcoming 1.3 update. I'll probably rleease this on monday.

Pete