The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS7 FSX and Active Sky Evolution

Hi, I was wondering if this version of WideFS can be used with FSX in the same maner as the FS9 version?

Some time ago I tried to install SimConnect and it caused all kinds of issues.

The only things I run from a remote computer are FSInn, which has its own network stuff built in and ASE.

The FS9 wide FS works flawlessly. I am hoping that I can use this without installing Simconnect.

I am waiting on a reply from HiFi as I could not log into their site and dont have the order number anymore to re register.

Thanks

Hi, I was wondering if this version of WideFS can be used with FSX in the same maner as the FS9 version?

The Clients are the same for both. Only the Server is different because one runs in FS9 and before and the other (built into FSUIPC4) runs only on FSX and later. Otherwise they are totally 100% compatible.

Some time ago I tried to install SimConnect and it caused all kinds of issues.

On a client PC? Not sure why. It runs perfectly here, and the Client copy of SimConnect is dead simple.

The only things I run from a remote computer are FSInn, which has its own network stuff built in and ASE.

ASE works better with Simconnect because it is designed to do so. It will work via WideFS too I believe, but it will need to think the server is running FS9.

Regards

Pete

UM, ok Pete. Can you tell me what I would have to do to make this happen as you just might as well have spoke German? I have been messing with simconnect for days and cannot find out where the problem lies. Now ASE is telling me I have a sharing issue when all the files can be seen, accessed, written to and saved from the client to the server. This doesn't help either as the simconnect test always fails. I have read your other post where you gave support to someone regarding ASE. That also did not help.

I know I can speak for a ton of Simconnect failures that if WideFS can connect and run ASE in FSX we would be beyond happy and you would sell a ton of software 8). The FS9 setup with WideFS and ASE takes a whole 3-5 minutes. It looks like simconnect is about that same range.....but in months or years!

As always, I appreciate your time, effort and response.

Hi Pete. In your fisrt reply you said this ASE works better with Simconnect because it is designed to do so. It will work via WideFS too I believe, but it will need to think the server is running FS9

I would love to know how I would go about telling the server it is running FS9 and what steps I would need to take in order to get ASE connected with WideFS. And, will Ineed the WideFS for FSX or will FS9 work?

I would love to know how I would go about telling the server it is running FS9 and what steps I would need to take in order to get ASE connected with WideFS.

As far as I recall, it isn't the Server you do anything with, but ASE. Just tell it you are using FS9.

And, will Ineed the WideFS for FSX or will FS9 work?

If you are running FSX's WideServer lives inside FSUIPC4. There's no change on the Server, and no difference between FSX and FS9 on he Clients.

Pete

OK, I plan to run the full paid version of FSUIPC for FSX. I have not gotten that far in my setup yet.

So, basically what you are saying, and forgive my ignorance here, all I do is set ASE up for FS9 and choose the FSX files when it asks for the locations?

Is it really that easy?

As always, many thanks

So, basically what you are saying, and forgive my ignorance here, all I do is set ASE up for FS9 and choose the FSX files when it asks for the locations?

Is it really that easy?

I think it was -- I did try it once. But I can't check again now because I moved on to AS2012 which is Simconnect-only.

Regards

Pete