The simFlight Network Forums

NGX FSUIPC

Hi.

I have started a thread in avsim about compatibility between the two product.

I have sometime problem with saitek hardware and NGX but then Ryan said:

"We specifically state in the NGX intro manual not to use FSUIPC to process joystick axes - we do our own processing of them and using FSUIPC processing as well conflicts with this.."

I have everything set with fsuipc so this is really annoyng what is this conflicts, that they are talking about.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/366827-ngx-fsuipc/

thank you

Fabrizio

I have sometime problem with saitek hardware and NGX but then Ryan said:

"We specifically state in the NGX intro manual not to use FSUIPC to process joystick axes - we do our own processing of them and using FSUIPC processing as well conflicts with this.."

I have everything set with fsuipc so this is really annoyng what is this conflicts, that they are talking about.

There are lots of solutions to this to suit different needs and it has been discussed endlessly here in the Forum. PMDG are just saying these things because it isn't their job to support hardware anyway and they don't want the hassle.

The only known problem is how they handle throttles. Just assign in FSUIPC or FSX to the normal Axis controls (Axis throttleN set), and calibrate in FSUIPC with "no reverse zone" set and "UseAxisControlsForNRZ=Yes" set in the INI file (see the FSUIPC Advanced User's manual for explanations). You can get reverse by programing the button on the Saiteks as discussed in many places.

Regards

Pete

This is what i do the problem is that after a while i got problem with AT disconnect and it's annoyng.

I didn't know about "UseAxisControlsForNRZ=Yes i will have a look.

But what it bother me is that the NGX it's like a wall like all aircraft from PMDG.

You have to create macro to interact with panel you have to search to find solution for problem and at the end you get state like you don't have to use Fsuipc because you get conflict.

Everybody use FSUIPC for every kind of stuff it's like a magic door to solve all comminication.

I am sorry but this is a behavior that i don't appreciete, first because I pay for it and second because make things working it's a duty on all kind of work.

I really hope that this NGX SDK will open this door if you find an agreement.