The simFlight Network Forums

My anti-virus see a "cheval de troie" in Widefs.zip....

Hello.

I've been forced to deactivate my anti-virus to download Widefs.

Must i do the same to install files or there is really a virus in the file ?

I post what my message says but in french, i speak french...

"une variante probable de Win32/Genetik cheval de troie"

I just bought WideFS on Simmarket a few mins ago.

Steff.

I've been forced to deactivate my anti-virus to download Widefs.

Hmm. Which actual file, from which website?

All the files from me are thoroughly checked before they are placed on the download site. But some AV packages do give false indications.

The latest update for WideClient is in the Download Links subforum here.

Regards

Pete

Hello sir.

I just bought WideFS on Simmarket today and i'm using nod 32 as Anti-Virus.

I simply deactivated my Anti virus and installed without problems.

I was sure that there was no virus in your file !

My only problem now (not really) i read long time just to set a button to activate voice for FsInn (Vatsim) and it's too complicated for me to do that job.

I usually speak french then it's a bit difficult for me to catch everything, there's so much texts to read in FSUIPC4 pdfs.

Now i think these files i bought (FSUIPC4 and Wide Fs) for FSX won't be usefull for me, .

I will simply placing them in my portable hard disk for now.

I use a Saitek X65F and i'm not able to use button "A" on the stick to activate microphone. (FXS doesn't see that button)

What is frustrating me a bit is that i've been able one time to set that button for my mic but don't remember how to do today.

And when i saw that i must configure all axis and buttons just with FSUIPC itself, i lost my two arms !

What a job !!!

Now i don't want to do all programmation i've already done with SST software, it took me a few days just to understand how to do !

So have a nice day my friends !

I will still have fun flying.

Steff.

Edited by steffj

I use a Saitek X65F and i'm not able to use button "A" on the stick to activate microphone. (FXS doesn't see that button)

What is frustrating me a bit is that i've been able one time to set that button for my mic but don't remember how to do today.

And when i saw that i must configure all axis and buttons just with FSUIPC itself, i lost my two arms !

What a job !!!

Why do you have to assign all axes and buttons in FSUIPC? Who told you such nonsense?

And why is assigning in FSUIPC any more complicated than in FS? It's simply a matter of moving the axis or pressing the button and selecting the acytion you wish to assign from a drop-down list. How does that really differ from FS assigning?

Pete

Hello Pete.

As i said higher, i usually speak french and i try to understand at my best.

And where i found what such non sense ie here. I probably micatch what it would really do.

See my copy-paste...

Appendix: Axis assignment in FSUIPC4 – 10

x2 Commandments

[This has been generously donated by Peter Hayes. Thanks Peter!]

1. There are 4 Main Options for USB controllers in FSX a) Use the Control/Configuration Software Supplied by the maker of your controller

B) Use FSX ONLY (Windows to calibrate)

c) Use FSUIPC4 only to assign and calibrate Axes d) Any mix of the above.

Option © – Using FSUIPC4 only!

This is for any Controller, but NOT using the supplied software* (not driver) or FSX and Windows.

1. Do NOT start CH Control Manager in mapped mode

§ or use the Saitek SST software

2. Under Control Panel in Windows detect your controllers so that they are working properly. Replug in the controllers and reboot if necessary to ensure that Windows detects the controller. (If Windows can't see it, neither can FSUIPC4 or FSX). USB controllers are best plugged directly in to the motherboard or via a dedicated good quality powered USB 2.0 Hub.

Sorry if a don't understand but i do my best.

I'm not pro for these jobs.

Can you explain me what to do to activate just that button ?

Steff.

And where i found what such non sense ie here.

Peter Hayes' advice was in order ot do things really smartly, with the best possible set up. You don't want that, you want to keep to your old ways (though from what you said your old ways were a LOT more complicated, indeed!).

Can you explain me what to do to activate just that button ?

If the button is visible in FS it is visible in FSUIPC. Just go to the FSUIPC options, Buttons & Switches tab, press the button, and when it is seen assign to a keypress or FS control as you wish.

That's it. Nothing else to do unless you also have the button assigned in FS for some other function, in which case now you'll get two functions not one, so unassign it in FS.

BTW there is a User Guide provided with FSUIPC, and there are even pictures in there. Is it realy so hard to find out how to do these simple things? Foks have been assigning buttons happily in FSUIPC for over 12 years now!

There are French versions of the FSUIPC documentation available if you don't understand English. They aren't so up to date, but they are certainly valid still.

Pete