The simFlight Network Forums

wide fs failure to connect

dear pete

i already have fsuipc(registered)and recently ,in order to run separately ASE,FScommander,sqawk box,i bought your wide fs.i run FSX,on win ultimate and on a side laptop win7 home prem 32bit.code nrName: GIORGOS MAKRIDIS

PRIVATE REGISTRATION DETAILS DELETED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i installed wide fs in the desktop,and while fs is sterted i have the message in the titles column 'waiting for client',which is normal.but in the laptop i placed the whole file wide fs with short cut the wide client,as i couldn'tfind the ini file as well the exe file.of course ,when double click on the shortcut,a white page is opened and the message is'' waiting to connect''. iknow that i make some mistake,but i dont know what.

i also am not very good in computers.can you please instruct me accordingly?also please know that my two pc;s are on home network.

thank you very much in advance for your help.

best regards

giorgos makridis

nrName: GIORGOS MAKRIDIS

PRIVATE REGISTRATION DETAILS DELETED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER EVER post registration information openly as you did. I will probably now have to disable that WideFS registration because it will be plastered all over the Pirate sites for folks to get free use of my software. And then you will have to purchase another! It was extremely unfortunate you posted it on a day i departed from a weekend away, as it has now been open to al for several days and read by over 60 people. Hopefully they are all good honest folks, but if not I will have to take steps!

in order to run separately ASE,FScommander,sqawk box,i bought your wide fs

ASE and Squawkbox do not use WideFS. Only FSCommander does of those three.

i installed wide fs in the desktop,and while fs is sterted i have the message in the titles column 'waiting for client',which is normal.but in the laptop i placed the whole file wide fs with short cut the wide client,as i couldn'tfind the ini file as well the exe file.of course ,when double click on the shortcut,a white page is opened and the message is'' waiting to connect''.

The INI file is in the same folder as the EXE file. If you don't have one, the default settings will be generated for you. There will also be a Log file. Show me the Wideclient.Log.

Pete

good morning very sorry for the key writing.here is the log you asked.

thanks pete

george********* WideClient Log [version 6.94] Class=FS98MAIN *********

Date (dmy): 12/06/12, Time 09:29:23.125: Client name is GIORGOS-PC

187 LUA: "C:\Users\GIORGOS\Desktop\WideFS\Initial.LUA": not found

219 Attempting to connect now

1217 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

1217 Failed to connect: waiting to try again

3261 Attempting to connect now

17550 ****** End of session performance summary ******

17550 Total time connected = 0 seconds

17550 Reception maximum: 0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec

17550 Transmission maximum: 0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec

17550 Max receive buffer = 0, Max send depth = 0, Send frames lost = 0

17550 ********* Log file closed (Buffers: MaxUsed 0, Alloc 0 Freed 0 Refused 0) *********

i give you also the wide client file.i dont know if it helps

[Config]

ButtonScanInterval=20

ClassInstance=0

NetworkTiming=5,1

MailslotTiming=2000,1000

PollInterval=2000

Port=8002

Port2=9002

ResponseTime=18

ApplicationDelay=0

TCPcoalesce=No

WaitForNewData=500

MaxSendQ=100

OnMaxSendQ=Log

NewSendScanTime=50

Priority=3,1,2

Window=75,81,601,491

[sounds]

Path=C:\Users\GIORGOS\Desktop\Sound\

Device1=Primary Sound Driver

Device2=Speakers (Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221)

Device3=SPDIF Interface (Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221)

good morning very sorry for the key writing.here is the log you asked.

WideClient is simply waiting for the Server to identify itself. If your Network is actually working, this will be automatic only if both PCs are in the same workgroup. if not you can either change them so they are, or tell WideClient the name of the Server and the Protocol to be used.

This is all explained in simple terms in the section of the WideFS user guide which has a RED banner pleading with your to read at least that part. It isn't a lot to read. It's at the beginning of the installing WideFS part.

Pete