The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Stopped Working

Pete,

After starting FSX, with ActiveSky 2012, Radar Contact and GSX all working. FSUIPC disappeared from my menu selection. Some of my profile assignment worked and others like the brakes did not work as assigned. GSX did an update today don't know if this would have caused a problem. FSUIPC has been working perfect for days.

Attached is my log file today from KPHX to KDTW

Thanks

Bob Johnson

DTW

FSUIPC4.zip

After starting FSX, with ActiveSky 2012, Radar Contact and GSX all working. FSUIPC disappeared from my menu selection. Some of my profile assignment worked and others like the brakes did not work as assigned. GSX did an update today don't know if this would have caused a problem. FSUIPC has been working perfect for days.

FSUIPC is still working, but your Simconnect installation is getting bogged down so much that FSUIPC is not getting information quickly enough. This can happen, rarely, on a very overloaded FSX -- but then you would notice stupidly low frame rates (unflyable) too. So I don't know what else is going on with your system.

By default FSUIPC assumes SimConnect has stalled it it gets no update information within one second. This is set by the INI file parameter:

SimConnectStallTime=1

You could try increasing that, but if information is arriving so slowly over a consistent period, as it seems from the log (not the reconnections needed even other second), then any FSUIPC client programs are going to suffer from that jerky supply of data.

More likely, one of the SimConnect client programs you have running is somehow causing SimConnect to stall and not service any other programs. You could try getting a SimConnect log to see if you can identify it (SimConnect logging is described in a thread in the FAQ subforum), or, probably more productively, try a process of elimination to find the culprit.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete,

Yesterday I started all the programs AS2012, Radar Contact and GSX with my LDS 767 and everything worked perfect. As I stated in my OP, GSX did an update before I started my preflight. To you knowledge does the Couatl Sripting Engine put a adverse load on SimConnect?

Cheers

Bob

There have been a number of updates to the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, Pete, including one within the last couple of days. Maybe that's the update referred to?

Ah, maybe. Not one to GSX specifically then, at least not one mentioned on the GSX forum. I've been away over the weekend, not fired up my cockpit since Thursday.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete, just to check your GSX installation against what has been going on: http://www.fsdreamte...date_notes.html

Actually I booted up my cockpit this morning and it did say there was an update, which i let it do. I didn't notice any problems thereafter, though.

I'm still waiting for options in GSX for:

1. Calling up the fuel trucks without getting the fuel menu coming up. (I have in-cockpit means of controlling felling)., and

2. Remote control of the menu and its selections, as is possible with AES, so i don't have menu overlays on the outside world!

Both have been requested by myself and others, but no joy yet.

Regards

Pete