The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC - FMGS connection problem

Hi Pete

I've got installed WIN7, the latest FSUIPC registered version 3.999, FS9 and Jeehell's FMGS beta 25, also the most recent version. Everything on the same PC (for test reasons). Unfortunately the FMGS cannont connect to the simulator 'via FSUIPC'. According to the FMGS forums, the connection of FSUIPC is not yet established in that case.

The only thing I do, is to lauch my FS9 and a flight and I assumed that FSUIPC connection should be ready for such programms, right? I did also check the availablity and version of FSUIPC in the modules menu of the FS9, everything there. I didn't make any changes on the default FSUIPC values, but I guess that's not needed, right? For your information, I'm flying since several years on VATSIM network and use FSInn and this is still working fine. I thought if VATSIM flying and FSInn is working, this is the evidence that FSUIPC connection is fine as well, and should be the same for the needed connection now with FMGS, no?

1) Could you please confirm that FSUIPC connection to programms like FMGS should be ready by only launch FS9 and a flight?

2) And could you please advice if/how I can check/confirm that FSUIPC connection would be there and ready, so that I need to look for the problem on FMGS side? Is there any command etc to be used to proof that it would be ok?

3) Could you imagine that something additional (configuration, start a dedicated programm etc) would be needed that FSUIPC is ready to talk to Jeehell's FMGS?

4) In some forums, they're talking from a programm "FSUIPCconnect" and that it's needed to launch. I assume they mean just the FSUIPC and with "launch", they mean launch the FS and a flight, would you disagree?

Thank you very much for your help

Best regards

Dani

I've got installed WIN7, the latest FSUIPC registered version 3.999, FS9 and Jeehell's FMGS beta 25, also the most recent version. Everything on the same PC (for test reasons). Unfortunately the FMGS cannont connect to the simulator 'via FSUIPC'. According to the FMGS forums, the connection of FSUIPC is not yet established in that case.

I don't know FMGS. I assume it does actually use FSUIPC?

The only thing I do, is to lauch my FS9 and a flight and I assumed that FSUIPC connection should be ready for such programms, right? I did also check the availablity and version of FSUIPC in the modules menu of the FS9, everything there.

If the FSUIPC entry is in the Modules menu, then it is installed and running. If something cannot connect to it then it can only be one of three reasons:

1. You are running FS9 "as administrator" but not the client application, or vice versa. Programs running at different privilege levels cannot talk to each other using shared memory.

2. You have an invalid registration for FSUIPC, or the computer's date precedes your purchase date.

3. There is something missing or a bug in the program you are running which prevents it interfacing. Maybe it needs access to other data first.

If you want more help I need to see the FSUIPC.LOG file, which you will find in the FS9 modules folder. Paste it into a message.

I didn't make any changes on the default FSUIPC values, but I guess that's not needed, right? For your information, I'm flying since several years on VATSIM network and use FSInn and this is still working fine. I thought if VATSIM flying and FSInn is working, this is the evidence that FSUIPC connection is fine as well, and should be the same for the needed connection now with FMGS, no?

I don't think FSInn uses FSUIPC -- it has its own interface module called FSCopilot, doesn't it?

On your questions:

1) Could you please confirm that FSUIPC connection to programms like FMGS should be ready by only launch FS9 and a flight?

FSUIPC can actually be connected to by correctly written applications almost as soon as it is loaded by FS9 -- long before you get to flight mode. When in flight mode the only proof you need that FSUIPC is running is that its menu is there and operative.

2) And could you please advice if/how I can check/confirm that FSUIPC connection would be there and ready, so that I need to look for the problem on FMGS side? Is there any command etc to be used to proof that it would be ok?

Same answer.

3) Could you imagine that something additional (configuration, start a dedicated programm etc) would be needed that FSUIPC is ready to talk to Jeehell's FMGS?

FSUIPC doesn't seek out and talk to programs, it merely responds. I've not idea about anything related to FMGS. I've never heard of it. Sorry.

4) In some forums, they're talking from a programm "FSUIPCconnect" and that it's needed to launch. I assume they mean just the FSUIPC and with "launch", they mean launch the FS and a flight, would you disagree?

No idea, sorry. This is a question for FMGS. I don't know what they need to make it work.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete!

Thanks for your reply! Yes, as I know, it does use FSUIPC.

Good to know that you agree that it should be ready by just launch the FS.

I run both programs as administrator, yes. The registration is fine, what I assume could see in the log. Theoreticly, even a unregistered version would be enough according to the other program. Yes absolutely, might be an issue on the other program, I just wanted to check basic things on this side, because I wasn't sure if it's really starting by just launching the FS. But I've attached a log now, which represents the timeframe when I launch the FMGS program and it should connect. If you would be able to confirm that it looks that everything is fine, that would be great, that means I could definitively concentrate to the FMGS programm trouble shooting.

I do not know how this all works in detail..(FSinn..etc)

Than you very much..and as I said..I just wanted to check the things here if it was possible...

Best regards

Dani

FSUIPC_120729.zip

If you would be able to confirm that it looks that everything is fine

The log looks okay, except that it is full of axis readings because you have Axis logging enabled -- makes the file bigger than in need be -- and you didn't close FS before getting the log, which is a shame because extra information is provided at the end. So I'm 99% sure your FSUIPC is okay.

Pete