The simFlight Network Forums

fsmeteo

Since installing the new version of FSUIPC 3.5, FSMETEO doesn't appear to be working properly.

The weather is correct once I take off, but after about 5 minutes it disappears and I have to go and mannual refresh FSMETEO. After that, it's fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Since installing the new version of FSUIPC 3.5, FSMETEO doesn't appear to be working properly.

The weather is correct once I take off, but after about 5 minutes it disappears and I have to go and mannual refresh FSMETEO. After that, it's fine.

You don't say which version of FSMeteo you are using, but if it is version 5.xx then this may be a symptom of FS's localisation of globally set weather -- please see my discussion in the "IMPORTANT" announcement about this.

If you are using FSMeteo version 6, There's really no change in FSUIPC 3.05 which would affect FSMeteo's behaviour. I know that FSMeteo is still being furiously developed by Marc.

In general, either do not start FSMeteo before FS is fully ready to fly, or at least manually clear the weather in FS first -- you can use the button in FSUIPC's first page, or assign at Hot Key for that. Manually refreshing FSMeteo would do the same, I think.

Regards,

Pete

Hi,

that's the reason why I like forums so much! It's really nice to know I'm not the only one having problems with FsMeteo. I thought I throw 18 EUROS out of the window, because of the above mentioned problem. Unfortunately I could not find a FSMeteo forum. Only after a couple of days I thougt to try my luck here at Dowson Forum and guess what...I find the answer to my problem. Hope to see the patch soon. I hope the third party software developer using FSUipc are meeting dowsons neverending efforts the right way :-) I would like to pay for the modules but as a lot of us I'm short of money. That's why I hope the addon developers are meeting dowsons expectations.

Thanks a lot and keep on going on like this!

C. Lazzari

A problem I have with FS_Meteo and FS2004 is that (smooth) wind transitions are not effective any more.

I contacted Marc and he said it has got nothing to do with FS_Meteo, its FS2004 that does it.

Has anyone else noticed rough transitions with FS_Meteo while flying enroute eventhough you have FSUIPC smooth wind transition setting enabled ?

Has anyone else noticed rough transitions with FS_Meteo while flying enroute eventhough you have FSUIPC smooth wind transition setting enabled ?

1. FSUIPC wind smoothing is only appicable to global weather. FSMeteo 6 sets local weather, just like FS's own weather downloads.

2. Local weather is really the only sensible option for FS2004, for reasons I explain in the IMPORTANT announcement at the top of this forum.

3. With Local Weather, FS is supposed to be interpolating the weather for you as you fly, from several nearby weather stations. This should generally result in smoothing. However, it obviously isn't doing it very well sometimes.

4. The same variability can be found in FS's own downloads. It is hard on Marc to blame FSMeteo when even Microsoft and Jeppesen can't get it right. I have tried to get into it to smooth local winds from FSUIPC, but failed miserably I'm afraid. I might have another look when I get time, but it is pretty horrendous stuff in that WEATHER.DLL.

BTW this is actually explained in the FSUIPC documentation. Please check the subsection entitled "Wind shear and other such problems" in the extensive "Important Notes for FS2004 Users" section, near the end.

Regards,

Pete