The simFlight Network Forums

4.85 + Loader + Mouselook = broken

I confirmed that after I went 4.85, the mouselook function is broken. I have mouselook on/off toggled with a spacebar, and since I updated to 4.85, it broken. After reverting to 4.83, problem disappeared.

If you don't use the optional loader Mouselook works fine for me with the FSUIPC controls "mouselook on" and "mouselook off" programmed to Space bar press, release (no repeats). I'm checking how the loader can mess that up now. Makes no sense to me.

[LATER]

Yes, I confirm that FSUIPC cannot see the MouseMove and Mouse Button messages when not loaded by SimConnect directly. I don't know why. I eliminated other addons from loading and it is still the same. I even eliminated the time delays (5 secs in the Loader, 3 in FSUIPC) before subclassing the FS window in order to get the messages, yet nothing allows those particular messages through. Very odd. It can see the MouseWheel messages and all the keyboard messages, so it makes no sense to me.

I'm looking to see if I can override this, but if I can't I'll just have to publish a warning not to use the optional Loader if you want to use FSUIPC's mouselook facilities.

BTW why did you opt to use the Loader? Just to try it, or to overcome some problem?

[LATER STILL]

No solution so far. I'll publish the warning.

Pete

BTW why did you opt to use the Loader? Just to try it, or to overcome some problem?

Sometimes when I load FSX, I get a crash (error) while FSX is booting. It usually happens when I click somewhere else, eg. Firefox, while FSX is booting. Sometimes it's going to happen when I don't click somewhere else.

I was hoping the loader might be helpful with this, as I guessed it might be a Simconnect thing. It never happens on a clean FSX.

Sometimes when I load FSX, I get a crash (error) while FSX is booting. It usually happens when I click somewhere else, eg. Firefox, while FSX is booting. Sometimes it's going to happen when I don't click somewhere else.

I was hoping the loader might be helpful with this, as I guessed it might be a Simconnect thing. It never happens on a clean FSX.

Try 4.85 or 4.851, rather, now, without the loader (just rename the loader and re-run the Installer). The other changes I made to FSUIPC4 initialisation may help. Let me know if it does.

The problem I've been trying to fix is really more related to the trust checking which once done for a new version is not done again unless you remove the "trust" entry in the FSX.CFG file.

Regards

Pete