The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Loader blocks DA Fokker Autopilot

Pete,

The FSUIPC_Loader.dll seems to inhibt the Digital Aviation Fokker Autopilot to work. I am using WIN 7 64bit, FSX w/ Acceleration Pack and FSUIPC 4.855. I installed the 4.853 and upgraded to 4.855.

Today I did my first flight after the upgrade with my DA Fokker and suddenly the Autopilot didn't control the plane as before. I could steer the plane with the yoke although the AP was engaged. There is a similar observation in the AVSIM FSX forum, where a person stated, that the DA Fokker AP isn't working anymore.

So I tried a lot of things. And when I changed back to load FSUIPC 4.855 directly (w/o FSUIPC_Loader), it suddenly worked as normal.

So my hint to all users of the DA Fokker: Don't use the FSUIPC_Loader at the moment, if you experience similar problems. I have no idea, how these two programs interfere, but for me it was the solution (after 4 hours testing).

Rgds

Reinhard

The FSUIPC_Loader.dll seems to inhibt the Digital Aviation Fokker Autopilot to work. I am using WIN 7 64bit, FSX w/ Acceleration Pack and FSUIPC 4.855. I installed the 4.853 and upgraded to 4.855.

Why are you using the Loader in any case? It is only provided as a possible (but unproven) solution to initial loading problems due to SimConnect trust bugs. Once that unlikely problem is past it doesn't occur again in any case.

And because the loader simply loads FSUIPC4.DLL after a short delay, there's nothing it can be doing to affect anything else.

Today I did my first flight after the upgrade with my DA Fokker and suddenly the Autopilot didn't control the plane as before. I could steer the plane with the yoke although the AP was engaged. There is a similar observation in the AVSIM FSX forum, where a person stated, that the DA Fokker AP isn't working anymore.

There's something wrong with the DA Fokker, then. A small change in the initial loading of FSUIPC cannot possibly affect anything which doesn't have something wrong with it in the first place. I suggest you refer to DA Fokker support for assistance.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

Why are you using the Loader in any case?

The installer did the entry for me and I was not immediately recognizing, that the dll.xml was changed to use the loader. Now I know, that I have to check, that there must be no loader DLL in the FSUIPC directory before installation, to avoid the configuration change in dll.xml. I think I got the loader DLL with an older installation, where this feature was already enclosed. I didn't realize it earlier, as I have not been flying the DA Fokker for some weeks now for several reasons (holidays, work, ...). It also showed no side effects in other products.

There's something wrong with the DA Fokker, then. A small change in the initial loading of FSUIPC cannot possibly affect anything which doesn't have something wrong with it in the first place.

Yes - of course there must be something strange. But also FSUIPC doesn't behave the same way loaded directly or via the loader. You also experienced, that by just changing the installation procedure some unwanted side effects can occur (from the installation manual):

The optional FSUIPC_Loader.DLL should not be used if you want to use the FSUIPC mouselook facilities. Unfortunately, for some so far unexplained reason, using the Loader prevents FSUIPC receiving Mouse Move messages (even though it does receive Mouse Wheel and Keyboard messages quite normally).

So there are differences in the two starting methods, which are not known completely at the moment. And one of the detected differences is, that by using the loader method you can control the autopilot and autothrottle as usual, but the control of the aircraft in the DA Fokker is broken for some unknown reason. I just wanted to inform you and other DA Fokker users about that finding.

Rgds

Reinhard

The installer did the entry for me and I was not immediately recognizing, that the dll.xml was changed to use the loader. Now I know, that I have to check, that there must be no loader DLL in the FSUIPC directory before installation, to avoid the configuration change in dll.xml.

Oh, right. The loader is NOT automatically installed, but it is used if you've installed it manually. There are instructions in the Installation document for using it but only to get over that Simconnect problem.

Yes - of course there must be something strange. But also FSUIPC doesn't behave the same way loaded directly or via the loader. You also experienced, that by just changing the installation procedure some unwanted side effects can occur (from the installation manual):

Agreed. It is weird, with no explanation at present. It makes little sense.

So there are differences in the two starting methods, which are not known completely at the moment. And one of the detected differences is, that by using the loader method you can control the autopilot and autothrottle as usual, but the control of the aircraft in the DA Fokker is broken for some unknown reason. I just wanted to inform you and other DA Fokker users about that finding.

Okay. Thanks. Maybe you should put a new thread for this into the User Contributions or FAQ subforum? Or I might add this warning next time I make a new full Release.

Regards

Pete

Okay. Thanks. Maybe you should put a new thread for this into the User Contributions or FAQ subforum? Or I might add this warning next time I make a new full Release.

Hi,

I think you just should add this to the next release notes. Maybe you find some releases later the root cause and then this just could be removed. Otherwise it would stay in the user contribution although it's already fixed. Most people with problems first will look here in this forum in any way. So they will find it by searching.

Rgds

Reinhard

I think you just should add this to the next release notes. Maybe you find some releases later the root cause and then this just could be removed. Otherwise it would stay in the user contribution although it's already fixed. Most people with problems first will look here in this forum in any way. So they will find it by searching.

I've added a note to the Installation Guide for now.

Thank you.

Pete