The simFlight Network Forums

Scenery fuel boxes

N08RA

I read in an old thread from about 6 years ago that it was possible to switch off the automatic refuelling programmed in both default and add-on scenery. Is this still possible with FSUIPC4, registered version naturally.

I don't think that's been possible programmatically since FS2000 or 2002. Best thing to do if you want them turned off permanently is probably to edit the AFD BGL file with something like ADE (www.scruffyduck.org.uk/ade/) and remove them.

You might find more help in a scenery design forum. There's one on AVSIM I think.

Regards

Pete

Pete, many thanks for your response! It's good to have the definitive answer from the FSUIPC maestro.

Normally I avoid fuel pumps like the plague as they play havoc with fuel useage within FSEconomy which I use for the majority of my flights. Somehow though, I don't see me editing several thousand AFDs ... or even the several 10s that I fly to regularly in WA and Alaska.

It's a shame that FSX isn't more flexible.

Regards,

SkipperMac

Normally I avoid fuel pumps like the plague as they play havoc with fuel useage within FSEconomy which I use for the majority of my flights. Somehow though, I don't see me editing several thousand AFDs ... or even the several 10s that I fly to regularly in WA and Alaska.

Seems odd that you encounter them so much. I've never run into one at all. You surely have to actually park at them and set your brakes and turn the ignition off? Why are you doing this if you don't want the auto-refuelling? Just park away from them. Can't be so difficult, surely? I was assuming it was just a pain on a couple of airports, spoiling your favourite parking spots?

Regards

Pete

The trigger for refuelling is to be within the bounding box, which can sometimes encroach on to stands either side of the fuelling stand and the aircraft has to come to a complete stop. As far as I remember it doesn't matter if the parking brake is on or not and it will still refuel if the engines are running. Yet more illogical logic from MS.

The trigger for refuelling is to be within the bounding box, which can sometimes encroach on to stands either side of the fuelling stand and the aircraft has to come to a complete stop. As far as I remember it doesn't matter if the parking brake is on or not and it will still refuel if the engines are running.

Ouch!

I must just be lucky in avoiding them all the time then?

Regards

Pete

It's more the THREAT of it happening that makes me avoid the areas around the pumps, although for simulation purposes I would like to be able to taxi up to the pump and then "tell the attendant" how much fuel I would like.

I'll just keep avoiding them and keep my fingers crossed that FSX "logic" doesn't brim the tanks lol.