The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and a hacked keyboard for switches

I am using a hacked keyboard PCB for switches in FSX. Because the keyboard will send constant signals to the program if the switch is on, I am plannig on using momentary on toggle switches, but someone told me that with FSUIPC, there is a way of setting a button up to turn it off even though the switch (contact) is still actuated (as if I was holding down a key on the keyboard and not releasing it)?

I tried to search and find out oif it can be done before purchasing the program, but I can't find it anywhere.

I am using a hacked keyboard PCB for switches in FSX. Because the keyboard will send constant signals to the program if the switch is on, I am plannig on using momentary on toggle switches, but someone told me that with FSUIPC, there is a way of setting a button up to turn it off even though the switch (contact) is still actuated (as if I was holding down a key on the keyboard and not releasing it)?

Sorry, i'm a bit confused by what you say.

The only problem with a normal keyboard is that when a key is held down it repeatedly sends the KEYDOWN code over and over until you release it, when it sends a KEYUP. Is this what your "hacked" keyboard is doing? In FSUIPC you can check the option "no repeats" to tell it to disregard the repeats of "KEYDOWN". Is that what you are lloking for. It's described in the User Guide in the key assignment chapter. The only the initial KEYDOWN and the eventual KEYUP is used, as you wish.

Where do "buttons" come into it?

I tried to search and find out oif it can be done before purchasing the program, but I can't find it anywhere.

You can read the documentation without purchasing anything.

Pete

Sorry, i'm a bit confused by what you say.

The only problem with a normal keyboard is that when a key is held down it repeatedly sends the KEYDOWN code over and over until you release it, when it sends a KEYUP. Is this what your "hacked" keyboard is doing? In FSUIPC you can check the option "no repeats" to tell it to disregard the repeats of "KEYDOWN". Is that what you are lloking for. It's described in the User Guide in the key assignment chapter. The only the initial KEYDOWN and the eventual KEYUP is used, as you wish.

That is what I was looking for. The hacked keyboard leads on a switch act as if you are holding down the key on the keyboard. the non repeat function would work for what I want to do.