The simFlight Network Forums

Hello

First of all I'm not a programmer. So here we go:

I'm riding a homemade panel for use in various aircraft in FSX with the help of FSUIPC. I intend to use potentiometers to control the AP courses and selecting altitudes. However, I can not program at the PMDG 737NGX the FSUIPC. When I turn the potentiometers either way it only increases or only decreases. He wanted to increase when turned sideways and impaire when rotated to the other side. It was programmed by the FSUIPC mouse macro.

FSUIPC Version: 4.70

OBS.: As I said, I'm no programmer, but if I explain how it works I can devote to programming.

Sorry for my english, translate with the help of Google Translate.

Portuguese version:

Olá.

Primeiro de tudo eu não sou programador. Então vamos lá:

Estou montando um painel caseiro, para usar em diversas aeronaves no FSX com a ajuda do FSUIPC. Pretendo usar potenciômetros para controlar o AP selecionando altitudes e cursos. Porém, não consigo programar pelo FSUIPC o 737NGX da PMDG. Quando eu giro o potenciômetro para qualquer lado ele só aumenta ou só diminui. Queria que aumentasse quando girasse para um lado e diminuisse quando girado para o outro lado. Foi programado pelo mouse macro do FSUIPC.

Versão do FSUIPC: 4.70

OBS.: Como já dito, não sou programador, mas se me explicarem como funciona posso me dedicar à programação.

Desculpe pelo meu inglês, traduzi com a ajuda do Google Translate.

Edited by Gabriel Gbz

I'm riding a homemade panel for use in various aircraft in FSX with the help of FSUIPC. I intend to use potentiometers to control the AP courses and selecting altitudes. However, I can not program at the PMDG 737NGX the FSUIPC. When I turn the potentiometers either way it only increases or only decreases. He wanted to increase when turned sideways and impaire when rotated to the other side. It was programmed by the FSUIPC mouse macro.

There is an SDK provided with the latest update for the PMDG 737NGX which details all the commands you can use. no need to use mouse macros at all!

FSUIPC Version: 4.70

Version 4.70 is very old and has not been supported for a long time! Furthermore the 737NGX facilities did not even exist then! Please update (no earlier than 4.853 is supported), and refer to the PMDG 737NGX SDK for details of all their commands.

Regards

Pete

There is an SDK provided with the latest update for the PMDG 737NGX which details all the commands you can use. no need to use mouse macros at all!

I read the SDK, but i have no ideia how to program it.

Version 4.70 is very old and has not been supported for a long time! Furthermore the 737NGX facilities did not even exist then! Please update (no earlier than 4.853 is supported), and refer to the PMDG 737NGX SDK for details of all their commands.

Regards

Pete

Thanks!

I read the SDK, but i have no ideia how to program it

For the controls you only need to refer to the control list at the end of the .h file they provide. Each control has a number. You can assign that number as a "custom control" in FSUIPC assignments -- after you've updated your FSUIPC. 4.70 is too old and did not have the "custom control" facility..

No programming needed.

Pete

For the controls you only need to refer to the control list at the end of the .h file they provide. Each control has a number. You can assign that number as a "custom control" in FSUIPC assignments -- after you've updated your FSUIPC. 4.70 is too old and did not have the "custom control" facility..

No programming needed.

Pete

Thank's Pete, i will update the FSUIPC and try this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

You can use the additional features of FSUIPC Version: 4.70 that can help you in your problem but you need to register it for you to be able to use the features.

Additional features are:

*Joystick control facilties

*Direct axis assignments

*Key Press programming facilities

turnkey pcb

Edited by francis30

Hi Pete

the pmdg_ngx_sdk.h dosen't include all the controlls and their offset.

for example: the start engien, apu start etc. swiches are not included ( there are in the first part of the file with no offset valye )

so, so how can i control them by fsuipc

thanks

Menachem

• 3 weeks later...

the pmdg_ngx_sdk.h dosen't include all the controlls and their offset.

The FSUIPC offsets for READING the values are in the document I provide when you install FSUIPC4.

for example: the start engien, apu start etc. swiches are not included ( there are in the first part of the file with no offset valye )

so, so how can i control them by fsuipc

Switches and dials are not controlled by the mapped offsets in any case -- the offsets are only for reading data. All of the switches and dials can be controlled by sending controls -- the appropriate control numbers can be derived from the list in the .h file and can either be sent via FSUIPC 3110 or can be assigned directly to buttons or keypresses.

Pete