The simFlight Network Forums

Strange behaviour with PMDG B737 NGX

Hi Peter,

after installing FSUIPC I started to assign several functions of the MCP (within FSX, not a separate module) as the A/T engage/disengage, the A/P engage disengage, the TO/GO switch, the thrust reverse, Gear down/up, Flaps Up/Down.

For fome of this functions I used the key-combinations that were advised by Crhris Palmer of AOA and for other functions I used the FS functions within FSUIPC.

When initialising the flight there comes a warningbanner that taxiing and flying without rudder would be difficult, suggesting that the rudderpedals are not connected. But the are connected and calibrated within FSUIPC.

At take off I noticed that selecting the TO-switch caused the A/T to disengage, and durinf flight the speed won''t go further than 203/205 knots althought I selected 280 knots and the altitude won''t increase although selected tot increase several thousands of feet. The plane flies then in a slightly nose down position.

Do you recognize this behaviour and could you please give me a hint what to do?

Kind regards,

Don

after installing FSUIPC I started to assign several functions of the MCP (within FSX, not a separate module) as the A/T engage/disengage, the A/P engage disengage, the TO/GO switch, the thrust reverse, Gear down/up, Flaps Up/Down.

For fome of this functions I used the key-combinations that were advised by Crhris Palmer of AOA and for other functions I used the FS functions within FSUIPC.

The PMDG 737NGX SDK lists all of the controls for the complete cockpit, and they can all be assigned in FSUIPC if you have a recent version (earliest supported release is 4.853).

When initialising the flight there comes a warningbanner that taxiing and flying without rudder would be difficult, suggesting that the rudderpedals are not connected. But the are connected and calibrated within FSUIPC.

What program gives such a warning? Do you have FS's ttips enabled? I wouldn't if i were you. FS itself would simply be checking for assignments in its own assignments system.

At take off I noticed that selecting the TO-switch caused the A/T to disengage, and durinf flight the speed won''t go further than 203/205 knots althought I selected 280 knots and the altitude won''t increase although selected tot increase several thousands of feet. The plane flies then in a slightly nose down position.

You are most likely not using the correct control assignments for the 737NGX. The speed problem sounds like you have the spoilers enabled. But these questions are best directed to other 737NGX users in their Forum. I don't actually use it at all, and can only answer questions related to FSUIPC and my other modules.

Regards

Pete

Peter, I had hoped that you, based on your indepth knowledge of FSUIPC in combination with the implementation in various planes and developers would recognize my issiues. I use the latest version op your tool. I do have FS tips disabled. When the plane refuses to increase speed and/or altitude, no spoilers are enabled. I will post my question on the PMDG- and AOA-forums.

Kind regards,

Don

Peter, I had hoped that you, based on your indepth knowledge of FSUIPC in combination with the implementation in various planes and developers would recognize my issiues.

Sorry, no. I don't know that message you get at all, so I suggested the only way I thought it might arise. And I do know that almost all systems in the PMDG 737NGX are programmed externally to FS, whereas FSUIPC is an interface into FS internals, not add-on internals.

There are lots of successful users of the 737NGX and I am sure your issues must be relatively trivial, but i'm not sure how I can answer them myself. There may be other visitors to this Forum who can help -- see the really comprehensive contributions for this aircraft in the "User Contributions" subforum for example. And you also mention AofA, whose 737NGX course i also subscribe. I'm sure they fly their 737NGX okay? Whilst i appreciate their in-depth 737NG training, I don't use the PMDG aircraft and its cockpit because I have a hardware 737NG cockpit and switches and gauges supported via software such as Project Magenta. The FSX 737NG model I use has no cockpit at all, it would conflict.

If you are thinking it may be some bad FSUIPC settings you have made, let me see your FSUIPC4.INI file (from the FSX Modules folder) and I will look through it for anything obviously odd. Or simply rename it and start from scratch with your assignments just in case.

I will post my question on the PMDG- and AOA-forums.

That's a good idea in any case.

Regards

Pete

Peter, 1 more question. I discovered that when the " locking" of speed and/of altitude occurs and I go to FSUIPC and hit the "reload all buttons" button, the locking is finished and speed and/or altitude increase.

Does this ring a bell?

Well, it sounds like your control device(s) are going to sleep. All reloading the buttons or calibrations or axis assignments will do, apart from loading any changes you made in the INI file by editing, is force a re-scan of devices which will wake them up.

Turn off all power management for every USB hub device listed in Windows device manager. Windows turns it on by default these days. Very annoying.

Pete