The simFlight Network Forums

Losing my Controls midflight

Of late I've been losing my FSuipc calibrated buttons midflight. I'll get a 1/2 second stutter with a pause in the sound and then I have no button assignments. If I then open fsuipc and select the aircraft specific box I get them back. Not sure if my yoke and pedals still work as I'm usually on autopilot at the time. It happened several times my last flight. All flights have been with the NGX....PFC yoke and throttle quadrant.

Steve G

Of late I've been losing my FSuipc calibrated buttons midflight. I'll get a 1/2 second stutter with a pause in the sound and then I have no button assignments. If I then open fsuipc and select the aircraft specific box I get them back. Not sure if my yoke and pedals still work as I'm usually on autopilot at the time. It happened several times my last flight. All flights have been with the NGX....PFC yoke and throttle quadrant.

The usual reason is USB power management -- you need to turn it off on every USB hub device in the Windows Device Manager.

If you are using Windows 8 there appears to be a bug in that which also results in this behavious.

If you want any further help I would need at least the version number of FS (you don't even mention whether it is FS9 or FSX or some older version altogether!), and of FSUIPC, and details of the assignments from your FSUIPC INI file. I'm not sure what you mean be "calibrated buttons" -- buttons aren't calibrated at all.

Pete