The simFlight Network Forums

Fsuipc Buttons+Switches key combinations

Hello Peter,

how are you? After 10 years working with my cockpit, i had an idea to install a small TFT screen left to Captain's seat to control Squawkbox, Weather, Charts, etc. When i installed i remembered that i have seen in Widefs manual the option to have a screen with buttons and use them to communicate with fsuipc and fs. I great option that widefs offer !!! ;-)

So, i made a button screen and i'm using it for many functions, (like contolling AES, GSX, etc). Until this point everything is working and i made many other buttons to work with no problem.

But, for control the doors i have problem, because i'm using only the letter E for doors and by pressing E+1 i control the main exit No1, pressing E+2 the exit2 and E+3 the exit3.

My problem is thta i can't select a combination for E plu 1 when button pressed. In Fsuipc's buttons tab, i can only have the letter E but not the letter E with the number 1 or 2 together.

I tried to find some information reading the manuals, but i only found some commnads only for keypresses not buttons. Do i have to edit the fsuipc.ini for these?

Summarize:

I want to have a joystick's button sending the E+1, or E+2, or E+3 keypresses to FSX, to open/close exits No1 to 3.

Thanks a lot

Eddie Armaos

Athens - Greece

But, for control the doors i have problem, because i'm using only the letter E for doors and by pressing E+1 i control the main exit No1, pressing E+2 the exit2 and E+3 the exit3.

My problem is thta i can't select a combination for E plu 1 when button pressed. In Fsuipc's buttons tab, i can only have the letter E but not the letter E with the number 1 or 2 together.

I tried to find some information reading the manuals, but i only found some commnads only for keypresses not buttons. Do i have to edit the fsuipc.ini for these?

Yes -- unless you assign to Offset functions, or the control parameter works on your aircraft.

I'm a little puzzled why you say 'E'. Here, by default, E selects an Engine. You need Shift+E for doors. Have you changed that?

For FSUIPC4 INI editing, all you need to do is understand that any button can have many lines of dfferent assignments, and each of these are executed in sequence. The E+1 etc combinations you mention work just as well with E pressed then 1 or whatever soon after.

However, using keypresses is, in general, not good. You become dependent on the whims of the Windows keyboard buffers and so on. An in any case, in FS itself, they keys are looked up in the table which tells it which controls to send, and then it sends the controls. (The table is an XML file which is made from the FSX keyboard assinments you make, or default).

You must see how inefficient that is?

The Shift+E key actually converts to the Toggle aircraft exit control, and the 1-3 to the Select 1, Select 2 and Select 3 controls. To use this method, you'd assign to the Toggle Aircraft Exit control and add another line in the INI file for the Select N control on the same button. FSUIPC executes them in order of line number. Formats are given in the FSUIPC Advanced Users document, and you'll also find the list of FSX control in your FSUIPC Documents folder.

The alternatives are:

1. Assign to the Toggle Aircraft Exit control with a parameter of 1, 2 or 3 respectively. This should work -- worth a try for sure -- but it may depend on the aircraft model.

2. Assign to Offset byte togglebits, with offset x3367 and parameter x1, x2 or x4 for doors 1,2 and 3 respectively.

Regards

Pete

Hello Peter

yes i had change theShift+E to single E, if i remember well to avoid problems with engines i had before.

I just tested the 1st option with Toggle Aircraft Exit and it works!

Thank you very much for your reply, i feel bad, because i had search these toggle values for string exit or doors, but i didn't see the aircraft exita

Regards

Eddie