The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek Panels and WideFS?

I just ordered several Saitek Panels - Radio, Instrument, Multi, bip, and Switch Panel (also ordered pedals, Trim wheel, 2 throttles, and new Yoke).

Really excited for the new equipment.

I am wondering (before I search in vane) - for performance reasons should I setup a second computer in WideFS and install the panels there? Or is that not even possible with controllers?

Is there a performance drop running all of these panels?

Thanks!

You posted in the FAQ subforum. I've moved it here to the Support Forum so it can be answered.

I am wondering (before I search in vane) - for performance reasons should I setup a second computer in WideFS and install the panels there? Or is that not even possible with controllers?

Is there a performance drop running all of these panels?

No, because they aren't really doing much most of the time. and with real-time flight controls like trim, throttle and (especially) yoke you could do without the extra possible latency added by the network. WideFS doesn'tt natively support control axes in any case, though it can be done using a Lua plug-in. Also FSUIPC / WideFS don't support some of the Saitek units directly, especially not the displays. I think Saitek supplies its own drivers for these, though there's also a package called SPAD which may help - see http://fstools.weebly.com/.

Regards

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Pete!

Whoops on posting to FAQ - sry.

Thanks for your help and info. Also thanks for the amazing FSUIPC - where would fsx be without it.

Take Care!

PS I never knew about SPAD - Looks like the ticket.

Spad is the way to go. My radio panel is much more responsive.

Don't even load the saitek drivers because they sometimes cause conflicts.