The simFlight Network Forums

Offset 3110 in Visual Basic

Hi,

I'm trying to write the offset 3110 using a Visual Basic program, but I'm not able to do that in a unique write statement as explained in the offset documentation.

Pratically I do not know how to transform/put the two long variables (containing the FSX control 1070 and the key parameter) in a double var as expected.

I cannot use a lua files (that I have successfully tested on the PC having FSX installed) because I need to run the program from a networked PC via widefs.

Any suggestion will be more than welcome

Thanks and best regards

Joe

I'm trying to write the offset 3110 using a Visual Basic program, but I'm not able to do that in a unique write statement as explained in the offset documentation.

There are several ways, at least in C/C++. I'm afraid I don't know VB, but I'm sure it must support Arrays? You only need an array of two integers, with 1070 in the first and the parameter in the second, and use a length of 8 (2 x 4) bytes.

Also, you can write 3114 with the parameter, then 3110 with the 1070. Only 3110 acts as the 'trigger'. The real "write" is not done until you do the FSUIPC_Process call in any case.

Pratically I do not know how to transform/put the two long variables (containing the FSX control 1070 and the key parameter) in a double var as expected.

Are you just starting to learn VB? Please do look up arrays. I'm sure they must be supported.

I cannot use a lua files (that I have successfully tested on the PC having FSX installed) because I need to run the program from a networked PC via widefs.

But of course you can! WideClient supports Lua too, in fact almost all of the library functions are identical -- a few are omitted as being non-applicable, and others more useful outside of FS are added. Certainly I have plug-ins using 1070, for instance, from clients. Please read the Lua documentation installed in your FSUIPC Documents folder.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

thanks for the answer.

I have tried to write the offset 3114 before than the 3110, but nothing happens: probably I'm missing the FSUIPC_Process call: could you give me some directions about that?

Good to know about the LUA, even if I have to discover how to run them from a VB program: I'm creating a sort of external gauge to use on a touch screen to send several keys to FSX as if I am pushing buttons

Thanks again and best regards

Joe