The simFlight Network Forums

Some joystick buttons do not work with FSUIPC....

Those buttons are not meant for general assignment, they are supposed to be used with Saitek's joystick programming software as a mode changing system. It is the large chrome wheel on top of the joystick that you are talking about not being able to assign, am I correct?

If so then you need to seek advice on the Saitek forums and ask them how to make the mode selection dial assignable via Windows joystick interface. I seem to remember it involves you deleting a particular file from the windows system32 folder, I cannot remember the name of the file though as I no longer use that particular Joystick.

Yes, as Andy says, go to windows system32 and remove the file SaiD0762.pro You will then be able to programme every button and switch on the stick and throttle. I don't know whether that includes the mode switch that Andy refers to as I never tried that one. I did this on my X36...X52.. and X52pro with no problems, but I've now moved onto the Warthog.

/Russell.

Try unplugging the joystick and rebooting the PC then try deleting the file again.

It may also be a permissions problem, right click on the windows explorer icon and select run as administrator then navigate to the file and see if you can delete it then.

It was so long ago since I had to do this I can't remember if I had any problems or not deleting the file.

I used the Saiteks for years, and there was ever only one SaiD0762.pro file in System32. With the X36 it was called SaiDo255.pro so I don't know how you have two in the same folder. It's been a year since I had the X52 installed, but am fairly sure that you should be able to programme the three switches on the stick, T1, T2 etc. with that file in place. Those same switches stopped working on mine, after my son spilled a drop of coffee on them, are you sure they are clean ? Removing that file will definitely allow you to programme the scroll wheel button, and in fact every button on the stick and throttle. I never used the saitek's programming software, I assigned them in FS9, then FSX, and now Prepar3D. Have you tried uninstalling / reinstalling the Saitek drivers ? Btw, after removing the SaiD0762.pro file, you MUST unplug/replug the X52 in order for the programming to work.

/Russell.

• 7 months later...

Hi.

I have a new Saitek X52 pro with last driver and SST.

FSUIPC didnt recognize some buttons (16,17,18,19,32,35,36,37,38,39). FSX also didnt recognize these bottuns.

I found http://www.hidmacros.eu/download.php , that program can recognize all buttons.

When I start HID macros I can see 17-18, 35-36 , 37-38. Also others buttons.

I want to use 17-18, 35-36 , 37-38 (enconders) as HDG, ALT, IAS with FSUIPC (I have registred last version )

I try delete SaiD0762.pro file in System32, but same problem.

FSUIPC cannot read that buttons.

Please help.

Until you remove the god awful SST software you won't be able to do anything useful with FSUIPC, you should only be using one or the other solution, never both. The SST software is also likely putting the SaiDxxxx.pro files back moments after you deleted them.

Very strange. I did delete SaiDxxx.pro , unistall SST. Same problem?
I do everythig, but no success.(reboot pc, unplug/plug USB / deinstall drivers/sst, delete profile from Windows/system32...)

Uh..Is it waste my time?

Is it possible to make x52pro encoders as HDG-ALT-IAS (up/down)?

Maybe Saitek didnt allow these buttons to assign?

EDIT:

I made a video. (Installed drivers, sst. I started HID macros exe. Looks !! All buttons are available. )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7gpnuR6DBc

Edited by crnjola

I've not used the Saitek X52-Pro for over 2 years (I have a TM Warthog now) so its hard to remember what can and cannot be programmed on the Saitek Throttle part of the unit, I do remember that there were some buttons or rollers that could NOT be programmed, no matter what, the roller wheels on the throttle section are the most likely thing not to be programmable though as they are supposed to control the display on the throttle section.

I found http://www.hidmacros.eu/download.php , that program can recognize all buttons.

When I start HID macros I can see 17-18, 35-36 , 37-38. Also others buttons.

I want to use 17-18, 35-36 , 37-38 (enconders) as HDG, ALT, IAS with FSUIPC (I have registred last version )

I try delete SaiD0762.pro file in System32, but same problem.

FSUIPC cannot read that buttons.

If HIDmacros can read the buttons, then the device is properly defined as a HID (Human Input Device), but just not completely as a Joystick. FSUIPC does support generic HID devices, but only through the Lua plug-in system. You need a small Lua program to decode the USB inputs, using the com library HID functions. They will do most of the work for you. Check the HidDemo.lua example plug-in provided in the Lua plugins ZIP in your FSUIPC Documents folder within the Modules folder).

Regards

Pete

Too difficult (confuse) for me (HidDemo.lua).
But, I found LINDA (also recognize all buttons) and assign button easily.

I use in LINDA FSX command for HDG --> HEADING_BUG_INC:0 . Its work but very slow rotary HDG.

How increase rate of rotary knob, what parameter I should put?

I use in LINDA FSX command for HDG --> HEADING_BUG_INC:0 . Its work but very slow rotary HDG.

How increase rate of rotary knob, what parameter I should put?

A rotary control usually sends a "button press" and a "button release" alternately, so just assign the same control to both press and release.

Pete