The simFlight Network Forums

Unique Profile only works one airfraft Variant

I am a complete beginer with FSUIPC so forgive me for my ignorance.

I have almost completely disgarded all of the assignments form

the Default Control setup program within FSX and reassigned them

using FSUIPC so far on 2 aircraft. This is a great purchase for FSX!

I am getting into learning all there is to know about the NGX and FSUIPC

sure made a big big differance to the controls. Also I have several different

controller i.e. A couple of sticks and different throttles and ofcourse a Yoke.

I have a prefered controller depending on what I am flying so this program is

a must. I have no problem setting up the controllers for different Aircraft but here

is my issue: I started a flight with the 737-800 NGX with the default PMDG Livery

and sup up all of the controls in FSUIPC and made it Profile Specific.

It all worked perfectly except it only worked with the 737-800 NGX with the default PMDG Livery!

I want it to be applied to all variants of my NGX i.e. 600,700,800,900 series with and without winglets and all liveries. Maybe it obvious but I don't seem to be able to figure it out?

Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the delay in replying. As announced, I have been away on holidays.

I have no problem setting up the controllers for different Aircraft but here

is my issue: I started a flight with the 737-800 NGX with the default PMDG Livery

and sup up all of the controls in FSUIPC and made it Profile Specific.

It all worked perfectly except it only worked with the 737-800 NGX with the default PMDG Livery!

I want it to be applied to all variants of my NGX i.e. 600,700,800,900 series with and without winglets and all liveries. Maybe it obvious but I don't seem to be able to figure it out?

Either simply assign each variant to the same named profile when you load it (this will be remembered from then on), or, if you fancy editing the FSUIPC4 INI file, just make sure that the "ShortAircraftNameOk" parameter is set to

ShortAircraftNameOk=Substring

and the find the [Profile.<name>] with the named profile and edit the 1= line below to give a part of the name of the aircraft which applies to all variants. Eg possibly "737NGX" or "PMDG" or "737". Find one which applies to all the ones you want and none you don't want.

Regards

Pete