The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC, SIOC, NGX...... any common link?

Hi all

I would like to read the state of EVT_DOOR_CARGO_FWD 83645 from SIOC in order to turn on or off the annunciators in the overhead because it is not present as offset for SIOC.

I suppose that the only way is to, by another script (support by FSUIPC) to read 83645 state and rewrite in a SIOC compatible OFFSET ($6000 ??) as SIOC can read and link to OUTPUT LED.

Anyone knows how can reach my goal ?

Apologies for the delay in replying. As announced, I have been away on holidays.

I would like to read the state of EVT_DOOR_CARGO_FWD 83645 from SIOC in order to turn on or off the annunciators in the overhead because it is not present as offset for SIOC.

Events are messages/controls initiating an action. They have no "states" to be read!

83645 is outside the range of controls for FS. Are you talking about an added PMDG or other add-on control? If the PMDG 737NGX have you checked to see if the state you need is not available mapped to offsets in FSUIPC? Check the documentation provided for the 737NGX offsets in your FSUIPC Documents folder.

up up

Sorry, I don't understand that message.

Pete

Dear Pete

I will try to show better the question:

PROBLEM

- I need to show in the Overhead annunciators when the doors is opened

- Code available about doors is only for one door (WARN_annunDOORS - $6510), others is not present in the list

NOTE:

this is the list of doors that i can open and close by FSUIPC OFFSET

#define EVT_DOOR_FWD_R 83638 #define EVT_DOOR_AFT_L 83639 #define EVT_DOOR_AFT_R 83640 #define EVT_DOOR_OVERWING_EXIT_L 83641 #define EVT_DOOR_OVERWING_EXIT_R 83642 #define EVT_DOOR_CARGO_FWD 83645 #define EVT_DOOR_CARGO_AFT 83646 #define EVT_DOOR_EQUIPMENT_HATCH 83647 #define EVT_DOOR_AIRSTAIR 83648

MY IDEA

How can You see the only way to make the annunciators work by SIOC is to read the value of FSUIPC OFFSET, but it does not workig.

I suppose that by LUA is possible to READ FSUIPC OFFSET and WRITE IT in another VALUE compatible with SIOC ($6000==>), in order to read if it is 1 (LED ON) or 0 (LED OFF).

If You know how can read the FSUIPC OFFSET direct by SIOC it will be GREAT!!!

THX FOR ALL

The SDK for the NGX isn't complete and door annunciation on the overhead doesn't work at all, VRInsight can't get it to work either. PMDG told VRi at a flight sim convention in early 2012 (it may have been late 2011 actually) that they would be adding more functionality to the NGX SDK in the future when they have finished and released the 777. Hopefully at some point they will fulfill the commitment they made at the conference.

thx Andy, but i think the my propose to Pete is the easy way for the moment to fix the missed SDK, I will wait for Pete suggestion

Sorry, I have no suggestion. If the NGX does not provide this information, and doesn't even light its own indicators accordingly, then it is PMDG who must fix this.

BTW, this:

WARN_annunDOORS - $6510

is for all or ANY door open. It is the warning light on the right hand 6-pack, next to the MCP and should be lit for any door open. There doesn't appear to be any information at all abouty the overhead door indicators.

Also, you seem to be thinking incorrectly here:

this is the list of doors that i can open and close by FSUIPC OFFSET

#define EVT_DOOR_FWD_R 83638 #define EVT_DOOR_AFT_L 83639 #define EVT_DOOR_AFT_R 83640 #define EVT_DOOR_OVERWING_EXIT_L 83641 #define EVT_DOOR_OVERWING_EXIT_R 83642 #define EVT_DOOR_CARGO_FWD 83645 #define EVT_DOOR_CARGO_AFT 83646 #define EVT_DOOR_EQUIPMENT_HATCH 83647 #define EVT_DOOR_AIRSTAIR 83648

Those numbers are Controls numbers, or Events. They are not offsets. You cannot read control numbers, they are simply numbers used in messages, not addresses of stored data values.

Regards

Pete

PETE

"Those numbers are Controls numbers, or Events. They are not offsets. You cannot read control numbers, they are simply numbers used in messages, not addresses of stored data values."

Do You think that is not possible to read the value of the "CONTROLS NUMERS" ? because my idea was to read the value there and to write in athor variable for sioc.

Do You think that is not possible to read the value of the "CONTROLS NUMERS" ? because my idea was to read the value there and to write in athor variable for sioc.

Numbers are numbers, not places for reading! if you are sending those numbers, then you know they are sent. That is ll that happens to them, they are a message, not a value or setting!!! They in themsleves tell you nothing, they are just commands to the sim. If you are operating the switches you know you are operating the switches. The messages tell the NGX you are operating the switches! The numbers merely tell it which switch you are operating.

Pete

if i send value 1 to xxxxx to open 1 door in the same time i can say to assign to $YYYY=1 and switch on the led, for sure is non a real true state bau it should work.... Can I interface those different things?

You can have one button or switch doing many things, either by simply making the additional assignments (in the INI file), or by using macros. If you have to have an offset changing you can use any of the user offsets from 66C0 to 66FF.

Have you thought of simply wiring the door lights to the door switches, using double pole switches?

Regards

Pete

You can have one button or switch doing many things, either by simply making the additional assignments (in the INI file), or by using macros. If you have to have an offset changing you can use any of the user offsets from 66C0 to 66FF.

Have you thought of simply wiring the door lights to the door switches, using double pole switches?

Regards

Pete

ahahahahha not|!!! 4 sure it is more easy!!!! I would like to do by variable just for make same test, another question..... DO You have any idea about OFFSET for :

FLT ALT

LAND ALT

PRESSURE DUCT

all for NGX?

thx in advanced

DO You have any idea about OFFSET for :

FLT ALT

LAND ALT

PRESSURE DUCT

all for NGX?

Did you not look in the NGX Offset Mapping document (in your FSUIPC Documents folder)? Just search on "Land" for instance and you'll find the FltAlt and LandAlt values. And search on "Duct" to find the DuctPressure values.

I supplied the offsets list for the NGX so you could find these things yourself.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...