The simFlight Network Forums

fsuipc macro pmdg 737 ngx

The NGX doesn't support Mouse Macros, you have to use the NGX SDK provided by PMDG and L:Vars, Lua scripts etc. You should also look at the free program LINDA, they already have an extensive collection of scripts that do all the hard work for you, converting the lua scripts to work directly with FSUIPC is simple but tedious, so using them via LINDA itself is far easier.

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/424-linda/

Apologies for the delay in replying. As announced, I have been away on holidays.

The NGX doesn't support Mouse Macros, you have to use the NGX SDK provided by PMDG and L:Vars, Lua scripts etc.

However, for almost all switches, knobs, etc, the update for the NGX which included the SDK documented all of the control numbers needed, and these can be assigned directly, by number, in recent versions of FSUIPC4. The list is in the .h file provided by PMDG in the SDK subfolder. You don't really need any Lua or L:Var implementatin.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete

I use ngx_h file and i assigned most of the switches by using the offset but some of them don't have assignment in this file.

some of the switches i used the mouse macro, so i still had some switches without assignment.

what did you mean in "can be assigned directly, by number"

Menachem

I use ngx_h file and i assigned most of the switches by using the offset but some of them don't have assignment in this file.

Sorry, but the offsets for the NGX are not writable. I assume you must mean control number, not offset?

what did you mean in "can be assigned directly, by number"

When you assign a button, key or switch, in the assignment drop down you can select <custom control> (at the top of the list) and enter the control number (range 65536-131070), as derived from that .h file.

Pete

yes you right i mean control number.

the problem is that there are no lines for all the switches, for example 'start switch' so for that i used mouse macro and it works.

there are two lines with numbers for the emergency guard ( 69632+101= 69733 ) and "battery guard" ( 69632+2 = 69634) but even i enter those numbers and parameter 1 they don't work and for those guards the mouse macro doesn't work too

so i thought there is another way.

Menachem

the problem is that there are no lines for all the switches, for example 'start switch' so for that i used mouse macro and it works.

Okay. But try also FSUIPC's Event logging and operate the switch and see what numbers it uses. It is probably related to the parameter value.

What about

EVT_OH_LIGHTS_L_ENGINE_START

EVT_OH_LIGHTS_R_ENGINE_START

I think those are the starter controls. Maybe parameters 0-3, or some others based on the MOUSE_FLAGs?

Pete

Okay. But try also FSUIPC's Event logging and operate the switch and see what numbers it uses. It is probably related to the parameter value.

What about

EVT_OH_LIGHTS_R_ENGINE_START

I think those are the starter controls. Maybe parameters 0-3, or some others based on the MOUSE_FLAGs?

Pete

what are the control number for those two lines ?

If you look in the folder;

....Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\SDK

and open the file "PMDG_NGX_SDK.h" with something like Notepad.

Search for;

You will see at the end of the line it says;

(THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 119)

119 is the number you have to add to the number 69632 to get the correct control number to input into FSUIPC.

For the parameter I searched nearer the beginning of the file and found;

unsigned char ENG_StartSelector[2]; // 0: GRD 1: OFF 2: CONT 3: FLT