The simFlight Network Forums

Reverser Axis Problems

After having lost my SSD over Christmas, I am in the process of restoring my FS9/FSX settings and have it all complete, except for my thrust reverser axis. I am using the left-most axis controller on my CH Yoke as my reverser axis through FSUIPC, and I can't get it working correctly. I have validated that my throttle is working correctly and has a decent idle zone. When at idle I can hit decrease thrust a few times, the reversers engage and stay engaged.

Here's a picture of my FSUIPC4 settings:

reverser.jpg

I am reversing the axis because I want full reverse when I push the lever forward, not backwards. To calibrate, I move the lever full forward, hit SET under reverse, then backwards 95% of the way and press SET under Idle.

In FSX, this has zero effect. In FS9, on the other hand (having done the same process), the reversers engage at 50% forward, then disengage when full forward. I pull back to full idle - and they engage full! Very strange.

Pete, if you need any other data from me, let me know. I'm at a loss on this.

Cheers!

Luke

Here's a picture of my FSUIPC4 settings:

I am reversing the axis because I want full reverse when I push the lever forward, not backwards. To calibrate, I move the lever full forward, hit SET under reverse, then backwards 95% of the way and press SET under Idle.

You seem to have reversed it twice -- the REV check box and the option below. Try only once and ALWAYS calibrate after selecting such options.

Regards

Pete