The simFlight Network Forums

Rudder Issue

Pete, would you assist me I am having trouble taxiing I seem to do s turns all the time I have Saitek rudder pedals and have them setup in 4859, I know I can set it up better and have calibrated it wrong just not sure how to fix any advice would be appreciated.

What slope is recommended?

My settings are -16383 512 512 16384

Cheers Wayne.

Pete, would you assist me I am having trouble taxiing I seem to do s turns all the time I have Saitek rudder pedals and have them setup in 4859, I know I can set it up better and have calibrated it wrong just not sure how to fix any advice would be appreciated.

What slope is recommended?

My settings are -16383 512 512 16384

Those are really default settings, so you've not really done any specific calibration. You do really need to make sure there's enough dead area at each extreme -- most pedals (and yokes) do not necessarily always return the "ideal" values when you take your foot off, so you'll get turns when you don't want them. -16383 is the minimum possible, and +16384 is actually one GREATER than the max possibly (16383), so that's all wrong. Please do read the step-by-step guide to calibration in the FSUIPC user guide. It tells you precisely what to do.

I cannot recomment a slope as it is entirely dependent on your pedals and how you use them. It is also very dependent on the aircraft. You probably need to turn down some of the aircraft realism sliders to start with -- the full right settings make things far too sensitive with most aircraft.

To make the rudders less sensitive in the central area, but allowing you to nudge them a little this way and that, you'll need to narrow or even get rid of that dead zone (-512 to 512) and instead choose a slope with a flattened central area -- but not too flat. Experiment.

Pete