The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC VRinsight MCP

Hi,

First of all I would like to say I'm a total beginner at programming so, maybe that's why I can't get this to work.

I try to set up my MCP Combo from VRinsight for prosim737.

What I do: Start FSUIPC, Assign a button (CTR Mode on EFIS) to an offset wordset (x66C0)

with parameters: On press x0001 On release x0000.

Thats works. Only now I have to press my buttons twice. So i google'd and I read somewhere I should program both my press and release to the same thing.

I interpreted that as parameters to x0001 on both press and release.

Only now it doesn't do anything any more!

What am I doing wrong here?:)

Thanks for your help :)

Thats works. Only now I have to press my buttons twice. So i google'd and I read somewhere I should program both my press and release to the same thing.

I interpreted that as parameters to x0001 on both press and release.

Only now it doesn't do anything any more!

The state of VRI buttons aren't detected. When you press and release they send only one message. So "press" and "release" really have no direct meaning in relation to the button pressing. What happens instead is that alternate press/release cycles set an "on" state and "off" state, like a button used for a bedside light switch.

So, you probably had it right first time, assuming you want to set 66C0 to 1 or to 0 alternately. Yes, that means the full cycle is two press/releases to go from 0 to 1 and back to 0. Isn't that what you want? Else what exactly do you want? If you program both press and release to set 1, you would need some other button or method to set it to 0.

Regards

Pete

Pete, thanks for your reaction.

I think I understand a little better now how I works :) What I wanted is one full cycle to be completed with 1 press/release, so I don't have to click every button twice.

Best regards

PS: Sorry for the double post, my topic didn't show up the first time but I didn't know it had to be moderated first ;)

Edited by sgrefhorst

I think I understand a little better now how I works :) What I wanted is one full cycle to be completed with 1 press/release, so I don't have to click every button twice.

But a "full cycle" means changing it from 0 to 1 and then back to 0 (or vice versa), so effectively nothing changes. Why would you want that? There's no point. Surely you either want to set something or clear something? With VRi devices you cannot detect the button being held down, if that's what you are thinking!

One button press/release == one event, setting 'pressed' or setting 'released'. So you program it accordingly. Think of the buttons as toggle switches, like light switches. A full cycle for a light is off-on-off or on-off-on, and alwways needs two presses. If there's only one press for the full cycle, how would you ever be able to choose to have the light on or off?

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding. Maybe you can explain better what you mean?

Pete

Hehe yeah if you say it like that I seems pointless! I'll try to explain a little bit better what exactly my purpose is.

On the EFIS panel there are a couple of switches like WXR and DATA and TERR etc. If I click one of those (with the parameter set as above), it changes the display accordingly. Only if I then click it another time nothing happens. The third time it changes again. And the fifth and the seventh etc

I have to click each button twice to make it go on or to make it go off again!

Maybe I'm mistaking and this is just not possibly with the VRi MCP Combo, I just thought I read it somewhere :)

Beste regards.

Hasn't anyone at the ProSim forums already done this, in passing I've read a few posts over there by customers who say they are already using the VRi MCP Combo and the new MCP2 with ProSim. I do not have the ProSim Avionics suite or Project Magenta so I have no idea what they have available to them as far as functions.

What I thought didn't work hehe. How do you assign it as a toggle switch then? Is that different then the Offset Wordset or something?

The buttons on the EFIS panel must operate toggle functions. In the real cockpit, they are simply press/release for on and off, alternately, so they should work exactly the same if you program the VRi switches to send the same thing for both press and release. If whatever interface you are using (ProSim?) hasn't implemented it this way then they've made a mistake. Check in their support.forum.

Regards

Pete

Hasn't anyone at the ProSim forums already done this, in passing I've read a few posts over there by customers who say they are already using the VRi MCP Combo and the new MCP2 with ProSim. I do not have the ProSim Avionics suite or Project Magenta so I have no idea what they have available to them as far as functions.

Well yeah, I found those posts too! The frustrating thing is, they made a link to download a LINDA module, and now the module is gone! It's like it's deleted and no one has it anymore..

Didn't it (Linda) use the same module for Prosim and Project Magenta? Have you tried assigning to the functions in the project magenta lists?

The version of Linda that I have has Project Magenta included, you are welcome to download it from my dropbox.

https://dl.dropbox.c...LINDA-v1.11.zip

You can get your own free dropbox at the link below.

http://db.tt/wSBcpJ1