The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 4.853 CTD in Prepar3D with Windows 8

Hello Pete, I installed and registered FSUIPC 4.853 and it installs in Prepar3D.

When I try to change system time to GMT, the application crashes to desktop module unknown.

As soon as I remove FSUIPC (or reinstall P3D,it works until I install the module again (As admin).

Any suggestions? ( I know Win8 is not officially supported yet).

Hello Pete, I installed and registered FSUIPC4.853 and it installs in Prepar3D.

When I try to change system time to GMT, the application crashes to desktop module unknown.

Er, sorry, but what do you mean "change system time to GMT"? Where and how are you dong that in FS? If you want to adjust your PC's time (and why would you?), why not do it BEFORE FS is running, not whilst it is running? That probably instigates all sorts of reloads in P3D.

I really doubt that it is anything directly to do with FSUIPC as such. More likely it is related to the continuous and timed updates FSUIPC receives from SimConnect. Changing the system time whilst all that is going on doesn't seem a healthy thing to do at all.

Regards

Pete

I'd better clarify the message again.

The issue was that while in Prepar3D, there is an option to set the flight at system time or any other time you desire.

This is not the PC time in the OS that I was changing.

If 'set to GMT' was picked inside Prepar3D to customise a flight,this is what brought the crash to desktop.

Setting P3D to run in Windows 7 compatibity mode does the trick.

Other actions caused CTD's as well,but this was the easiest to recreate on demand.

All sorted out now though.

Thanks for the input (no pun intended).

Edited by Jude Bradley

The issue was that while in Prepar3D, there is an option to set the flight at system time or any other time you desire.

This is not the PC time in the OS that I was changing.

Yes, there's such an option in FS9 and FSX too. But surely you only set it once, not every time you load P3D?

If 'set to GMT' was picked inside Prepar3D to customise a flight,this is what brought the crash to desktop.

Setting P3D to run in Windows 7 compatibity mode does the trick.

Okay. Evidently yet another bug in Windows 8. There's nothing in FSUIPC which is in any way related to that option. It cares not a whit about the time values. I suspect, as I said originally, it is some problem in Win8 affecting SimConnect.

Regards

Pete

Bing translates it as:

Hello, how to buy the license of FSUIPC4 for FSX in Seven 64"

Which makes a little more sense. I'm seeing this more and more when I try and translate press releases and news articles and end up using both sites to translate before posting anything!

http://secure.simmarket.com/pete-dowson-fsuipc4.phtml is the purchase link / É o link de compra.

Ian P.