The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4.INI File not found

Dear Forum admins,

Last night, I downloaded (successfully) a registered copy of FSUIPC4, based on a suggestion from my brother, who has been telling me great things about the software. I am going through the User Guide and understand that some functions require accessing the .INI file from the Modules folder. I do have the Modules folder, however cannot find any .INI file on my PC... If the software downloaded successfully, why can I not see that file? I ran a search in Explorer but that file is nowhere to be found... I restarted FSX, my PC, and then back to FSX, still nothing... please, help.

Martino :(

You posted your support question to the FAQ subforum, which is a depository for standard answers. I've moved it for you to the Support Forum. Please use this for support.

... downloaded (successfully) a registered copy of FSUIPC4

You cannot download a registered copy, only a ZIP containing either the full release (and Installer with instructions), or an update (the DLL alone). You purchase registration separately, and enter the registration details when you install. If you purchased the registration after Jan 1st 2013 you need to update after Installing -- see the Download Links subforum here for the latest DLL replacement.

I am going through the User Guide and understand that some functions require accessing the .INI file from the Modules folder.

Do NOT start out life with FSUIPC by messing with the INI file. Most all normal user functions are dealt with via the Options in side FS itself. What is it you believe you want to do with the INI file?

I do have the Modules folder, however cannot find any .INI file on my PC... If the software downloaded successfully, why can I not see that file? I ran a search in Explorer but that file is nowhere to be found... I restarted FSX, my PC, and then back to FSX, still nothing... please, help.

Did you actually Install and Register FSUIPC? If so, what version number (I ALWAYS need the version number!).

Was FSUIPC actually running -- i.e. was there an FSUIPC entry in the Add-Ons menu in FSX?

If the program was correctly installed and registered then the Modules folder will contain FSUIPC4.DLL, FSUIPC4.KEY and an FSUIPC Documents folder containing the documentation and add-ons. Only after FSUIPC4 has been successfully run will there also be an FSUIPC4.INI file and an FSUIPC4.LOG

Maybe you are confused by Windows hiding filenames from you? As suggested in the FSUIPC documentation, just change the Explorer folder options to not hide known extensions -- it will otherwise show INI files are "configuration" or "settings" files or somesuch.

Regards

Pete