The simFlight Network Forums

Mouse view for FSUIPC?

Hello,

I am searching this for a number of days without any positive result. So, I decided to ask for help here.

I am currently using FSX+OpusFSX+FSUIPC registered version.

I should have my Controlers in FSX disabled (I use joystick and rudder pedals), because if I enable them, even with all joystick functions and axis disabled I get a flicker on the airlerons and rudder when I use them.

The problem is I cannot find in FSUIPC, how I can press a key or the middle button of the mouse and then move the mouse and pan around.

It is a very crutial control for flight simulator and I would be grateful for any solution. Please I do not want to enable FSX controls, I want to do it via FSUIPC.

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,

Ifikrais

The problem is I cannot find in FSUIPC, how I can press a key or the middle button of the mouse and then move the mouse and pan around.

Assuming you are using an up-to-date copy of FSUIPC4 (current is 4.859s), just enable "Mouse Look" in the Miscellaneous tab of FSUIPC options.

The latest updates for FSUIPC are provided in the Download Links subforum.

Pete

Dear sir,

Thank you for your reply!

I was using version 4.853. I tried to click on mouselock and the result is I cannot use my mouse at all. I have restarted my pc 2 times because now everytime I start FSX my mouse pointer become useless.

How can I fix that? I am not alble to use FSX right now. I would like to not do a uninstall if possible, because I have calibration settings.

I updated to the latest version after that..Waiting for your answer.

Regards,

Ifikratis

I was using version 4.853. I tried to click on mouselock and the result is I cannot use my mouse at all. I have restarted my pc 2 times because now everytime I start FSX my mouse pointer become useless

Sounds like Mouse Look isn't compatible with your other add-ons? However, it certainly doesn't do anything without the middle button being pressed, so you have something else going on.

Ok, I fixed that fighting with the keyboard...now I'll try to make it work correctly

Sorry, but what was wrong, what did you change?

There's nothing to "make it work correctly". It will either work, or it won't. There are no options.

ok, I got the correct effect, but now I cannot use the menu bar. I want a button to enable-disable the mouse look. I tried assigning space to that, but no luck..any suggestion to turn on/off the effect during flight?

The menu bar is nothing to do with any of this. Just hold the ALT key down to see the menu bar!

The default mouse look option in FSUIPC only operates when you hold the middle mouse button down. You don't need to disable it UNLESS you want to use the middle button for something else. There's no option for that. What else are you using the middle mouse button for?

Pete

Dear sir,

Thanks again for your help.

I do not want to have controls 'Enabled' in FSX contrl menu. So, the default mouse look is not active for me.

When I did enabled mouselook the first time (version 4.853) I wasn't getting the mouselook effect. I was getting a disappeared mouse cursor and I couldn't control anything in my PC. I restared my PC and this happened every time I started FSX. THen using the keyboard I navigated to the Mouse look tick box and deselected it. After that I already have installed the latest version and the mouselook was working when I re enabled. However, it was not working when pressing the middle button, it was working as I moved the mouse. Like the default fsx spacebar effect. Like the spacebar was always active and I can move look when I just move the mouse. I want to enable the effect when pressing the middle mouse button, or a button/key.

Could you tell me how this is performed?

Thank you again.

I do not want to have controls 'Enabled' in FSX contrl menu. So, the default mouse look is not active for me.

I understand that, and this is exactly why I implemented mouse look in FSUIPC!

When I did enabled mouselook the first time (version 4.853) I wasn't getting the mouselook effect. I was getting a disappeared mouse cursor and I couldn't control anything in my PC.

That's what you said, but i've never had anything like that reported before, and the mouse look facility has been in FSUIPC since version 4.84, back in July 2012. As I said, it doesn't do anything unless engaged, either by using the FSUIPC-added "mouse look" controls, or the original FSX mouse look toggle, or by pressng the middle mouse button.

I restared my PC and this happened every time I started FSX. THen using the keyboard I navigated to the Mouse look tick box and deselected it. After that I already have installed the latest version and the mouselook was working when I re enabled. However, it was not working when pressing the middle button, it was working as I moved the mouse.

In that case, either you have engaged mouse look mode, either using the FS control (assigned to SPACE bar), or using one of the added FSUIPC controls "Mouselook On" or "Mouselook toggle", or your middle mouse button is appearing pressed all the time.

Like the default fsx spacebar effect. Like the spacebar was always active and I can move look when I just move the mouse. I want to enable the effect when pressing the middle mouse button, or a button/key.

Could you tell me how this is performed?

By default the facility works already with the middle mouse button. I've told you this already. To switch the mode on or off, separately, it would be best either to assign the SPACE bar to "mouselook toggle", so it directly controls the FSUIPC facility, or, at least, to de-assign the SPACE bar in FS so it's own control isn't being sent, then assign Mouselook On, mouselook off, or mouselook toggle to keys or buttons as you wish.

Pete

Its unbelievable!

I did exactly what you said. I de-assigned (I already had) space bar from FS and assigned space to mouslook toogle. Result : It is unable to control mouselook. I press space and nothing happens. The look continue to change when I move the mouse. I tried the Mouselook off. Again no response from any button. I assinged it even to a joystick button instead of keyboard. No result either.

My middle button is not assigned to anything else. The problem history is the following. I uninstalled ezcam witch was successfully using the middle mouse button to enable mouse look. I uninstalled ezcam because I want to use Opus live Camera. However without Ezcam I lost and the mouse look.

Totaly frustrated!

Do you think I can try anythino more or I have to return to ezcam?

Regards,

Ifikratis

My middle button is not assigned to anything else.

No, but ALL of your symptoms suggest that the middle mouse button is appearing stuck on. With it like that the mouse look mode is permanently engaged irrespective of the other controls you attempt.

Try unplugging the mouse and rebooting the system without it. Does that stop the strange symptoms?

Or do you have some sort of mouse mode enabled on another device, like a little hat or something on a joystick?

If you can't find out what is going on I can only suggest that I provide a version of FSUIPC4 with an option to ignore the middle mouse button. Then you can only handle the mouse look via the controls.

Pete

Dear Pete,

Thanks again.

If I press the middle button in the page we are here, a arrowed cross appears (to enable scroling in 2 directions). If I press it again it disappears. Normal. So the middle button works I suppose. I also tried another mouse with the same results.

No, I have not any other mouse mode enabled in any button or key. I searched many times but I didn't found something nor I remember having assinged anything like that.

Is it possible that Ezcam assigned something that cannot be removed? May I have to uninstall and reinstall FSUIPC? How that is performed?

Ok! I did a test.

I re-installed Ezcam. Guess what...the middle button is working while Ezcam is running... :neutral:

I mean the mouse look of Ezcam is working. If I disable mouse look from Ezcam settings and enable it in FSUIPC, it is not working again.

If I press the middle button in the page we are here, a arrowed cross appears (to enable scroling in 2 directions). If I press it again it disappears. Normal.

Hmm. So it is something else installed into FSX which is causing the problem. The only way to get the results you described would be for that Middle Mouse Button to appear to be pressed all the time.

What else do you have running? Try running with just FSUIPC4 installed to start with, then add others one at a time. I'd like to know which prodct is so incompatible.

I have prepared a version of FSUIPC for you which has an option to ignore the middle mouse button altogether. With that option you'd have to assign the controls, or use the FS one (not recommended).

FSUIPC4859t_Test.zip

Install that in the modules folder, then, before running FSX, add

NoMiddleMouseButton=Yes

to the [General] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file

May I have to uninstall and reinstall FSUIPC? How that is performed?

FSUIPC is merely the DLL in the Modules folder. Installing an update is merely copying a DLL into that folder. Uninstalling is merely deleting the DLL from that folder. Replacing the DLL with another identical DLL does nothing.

Regards

Pete

Unfortunately, the results are exaclty the same. Like nothing changed. The mouselook changes as I move the mouse with mouse look enabled in fsuipc and don't stops when I assign either the 'Mouselook toggle', 'Mouse Look toggle' or 'Mouselook off" commands. I assinged them to 'Space', and 'O' buttons, both inactive buttons anywhere else. And of course having FS controls disabled.

So, maybe it is not that the middle button is triggered.

I used only FSX+FSUIPC. I also have already installed GEX, UTX, REX, Accufeel and some add-on airplanes. Opus was not enabled during this test.

Something I should add is that when I have the mouse look box ticked and the look is changing as I move the mouse, I can see the mouse cursor. And when the mouse cursor goes above any button in the VC, I get a hand cursor. Then, the hand cursor lags the movement. You can see for example the hand cursor with a (-) in it laging-stopping the movement of the camera. You have to move much the mouse to get the view de-stucked....

Does this help you maybe?

So, maybe it is not that the middle button is triggered.

Unfortunately I cannot see anything else it could be.

There's something very very strange in your system. The FSUIPC mouse look facility has been used by many folks and has been working well ever since it's release many months ago. The only recent change was to make it work in certain other circumstances too, such as when using the FSUIPC Loader.

I used only FSX+FSUIPC. I also have already installed GEX, UTX, REX, Accufeel and some add-on airplanes. Opus was not enabled during this test.

I have all those too. No problems.

Does this help you maybe?

No, sorry. I am at a loss. I'll think about what can be done to find out what is going on in your system. I might have to put in lots of extra logging to see what is happening. But I can't do this in a hurry. I'll think more tomorrow.

Pete

Thank you very much Mr.Dowson. I really appreciate your kind response to my issue.

For the time being I reinstalled Ezdok camera. Maybe its better from Opus I don't know yet.

If you think of any possible conflict that produces my problem I would be happy to follow any possible fix.

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,

Ifikratis

If you think of any possible conflict that produces my problem I would be happy to follow any possible fix.

Okay. I found one possible weakness in my code, one which might allow the actions of another add-on to cause Mouse Look to be enabled incorrectly. This looks like quite an unlikely circumstance, but as it is a possibility I've fixed it.

I've also added logging in case this fix doesn't work. So:

Please try FSUIPC4859t_Test2.zip and let me know. If it still doesn't work correctly, please do this:

Before running FSX, edit the FSUIPC4.INI adding this to the [General] section:

Debug=Please

LogExtras=129

Run FSX and get the problem. Close FSX, and paste the resulting FSUIPC4.LOG file contents into a message here.

Thank you,

Pete

Dear Pete Dowson,

You are a genius! You fixed it!

Thank you very much!

When I replaced your test FSUIPC4.dll, it worked correctly. When I press the middle button it is working. When I don't pressing it, it isn't.

I can't believe I hit that unlikely circumstance after so many users!

Thank you very very very much for your excellent support! :razz: :razz: :razz:

Best regards,

Ifikratis

When I replaced your test FSUIPC4.dll, it worked correctly. When I press the middle button it is working. When I don't pressing it, it isn't.

I can't believe I hit that unlikely circumstance after so many users!

Good. Thank you for getting back to confirm so quickly.

I am awaiting news of another 'fix' I included in that version, and if that's okay too I will upload version 4.859t as the 'current release'. After that I must get busy updating the documentation so I can release 4.86 with its Installer.

Regards

Pete

Nice!

That's why FSUIPC is such a successfull software! It has working and talented author!

I am amazed by the volume of the tiny but so necessairy details and switces you have implimented in FSUIPC. Whatever I imagine for a small button to do, it is there.

Thank you for your support and congratulations.

Regards,

Ifikratis

Dear Pete,

There is still a little problem. The mouse look works only in windowed mode, not in fullscreen (in full screen it works when I press the middle button once, but then it stays there and doesn't move. I have to go back to windowed mode). However right now I'm not in a hurry for this, because I ordered a TrackIR, so it seems I will forget the mouse look. So, no need to hurry for this fix.

Also, I don't know if this has to do with the test FSUIPC.dll module. I installed a Saitek Throttle quadrant, but I cannot reverse the Spoilers lever.

I have set spoilers to an Axis and it works perfectly. But I want to reverse the axis. I enable Rev by clicking the Rev box in Spoilers Calibration tab, but it doesn't reverse.

Is there any fix for that?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Ifikratis

There is still a little problem. The mouse look works only in windowed mode, not in fullscreen (in full screen it works when I press the middle button once, but then it stays there and doesn't move. I have to go back to windowed mode).

Sorry, I don't know what you really mean by "it works when I press the middle button once, but then it stays there and doesn't move". There is absolutely no difference whatsoever in the FSUIPC code for mouse move no matter what Window/Full screen mode is selected. The differences, if any, will be a property of FS itself of the specific panels. Mouse look works perfectly here in full screen mode with the default aircraft VC panels. Perhaps you should do some more checking on this? There's really no way I can change the way it works at present as there's no alternative way of doing it.

I always use full screen mode and have never had any problems, I'm surprised you've only been using Windowed mode, in fact.

Also, I don't know if this has to do with the test FSUIPC.dll module. I installed a Saitek Throttle quadrant, but I cannot reverse the Spoilers lever.

I have set spoilers to an Axis and it works perfectly. But I want to reverse the axis. I enable Rev by clicking the Rev box in Spoilers Calibration tab, but it doesn't reverse.

Is there any fix for that?

Spollers assigned in FSUIPC, whether to FSUIPC calibration direct, or to the FS "Axis..." control, are certainly perfectly reversible. I honestly don't know how you are managing not to get this as it is exactly the same as for all other axes and has been working perfectly in all versions since it was introuduced. It is perfectly simple, it simply changes the sign: -16384 becomes +16384 and vice versa. There is nothing to go wriong!

Don't forget you will need to re-calibrate after reversing. Also be aware that assignng in FS, rather than FSUIPC, could result in a double reversal, since FS also has a reverse function.

If you are still convinced there are such elementary problems in FSUIPC I will need a lot more information. I've even re-checked here with no problems whatsoever. I am in the middle of preparing the next major release, 4.86, so that folks won't need to download both installer and update, and I could do without unjustified complaints. Please always provide the evidence and means of reproducing problems so I don't have to waste so much time and energy re-checking and refuting them.

Thank you.

Pete

Yes, I know they don't seem logical but that is what I am getting. I tested a lot before I post. After your reply, I tested again in 3 airplanes and I get the same.

1) The mouse look works only in window mode. In Full Screen mode, If I press the middle button the view moves but very fast it stops and stays there. I have to press Alt+Enter to return to window mode to be able to have working mouse look again, or I press an assinged button to a standard view setting to see ahead. If I press again the middle button, the same happens. However, because of all these problems I ordered a trackIR, so don't waste your time for this..

2) Ok, regarding the reverse problem it appears that the software of the Aircraft has the problem. It works correclty for all other aircraft except the Blackbox Airbus A319/320, witch I currently use. No matter if I have the spoiler reversed or not it has chosen one direction... I have to send an email to the developer.

Thank you!

Regards,

Ifikratis

1) The mouse look works only in window mode. In Full Screen mode, If I press the middle button the view moves but very fast it stops and stays there.

Depending on the specific virtual cockpit, the "eyepoint reset" position may not be in the same place in full screen and Windowed modes. However, it must still move as you drag the mouse holding the middle button down. Merely pressing and releasing the middle mouse button does NOT engage mouse look mode -- if something is happening when you do that then it is some other action taken by something else. Mouse look needs the button held.

I will look to see if I can make the initial "centre" position more consistent with Wndowed mode, but I am not sure this is possible. However, there's no way to change the way it then operates. I think you must be misunderstanding the facility itself.

Regards

Pete