The simFlight Network Forums

Mouse view for FSUIPC?

I will look to see if I can make the initial "centre" position more consistent with Windowed mode

Actually, checking into this further, I found that this really isn't a problem. The only differences arise when the Windowed mode window is a lot different in size, position (not centralised) or shape to the full screen. Then, when you first switch from one to the other, the initial position found for "mouse look" is wrong as the mouse position is relatively changed. If you are only using mouse look in either Windowed or full screen mode they both act properly and as expected, and identically to FSX's own version of the facility. When switching between modes there's a temporary dislocation which i do not think warrants attention.

Regards

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Mr.Dowson,

I have made a clean format in my computer, and installed P3D , not FSX. I have installed the latest FSUIPC version. However I still see the same problem with the mouse view. I can get it work correctly in window mode, but it does not work in full screen. I use TrackIR for the cockpit view, but I need the mouse vew for the external view.

If you have any update regarding the issue, I would be happy to know.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ifikratis

I have made a clean format in my computer, and installed P3D , not FSX. I have installed the latest FSUIPC version. However I still see the same problem with the mouse view. I can get it work correctly in window mode, but it does not work in full screen. I use TrackIR for the cockpit view, but I need the mouse vew for the external view.

If you have any update regarding the issue, I would be happy to know.

What do you mean by "latest FSUIPC version"? I am using 4.86 here and Mouse Look works fine in both windowed and full screen modes, in both FSX and P3D. The only oddity is that when you switch between the two screen modes the initial position may be changed if your Window is substantially different in size. (Once you recentre it, however, it is okay forever more till you swap between full screen and windowed modes again).

There is no difference in how it works depending on screen modes and FSUIPC is not at all aware of the change, nor does it need to be.

Pete

Sir,

I am also using v4.86 and while in windowed mode its works ok, in full screen when I press and hold the middle button, before I even move the mouse, then view freezes (dont changes) in a random angle. Then, after having pressed the middle button the only solution to change the view using mouse view is to go back to windowed mode. I don' t know why, but I know that this happened not only before but after a full format of my PC. From your reply, you seem to not believe me. Should I post a video in order to believe me?

I would' t say that it is not working if It was working. Please understand.

I think something must have gone unnoticed.

From your reply, you seem to not believe me. Should I post a video in order to believe me?

No, it is not that I don't believe you, but I am saying that it does work and that there is not (cannot) be any difference FSUIPC can make in different video modes. If it is not working on your system and hanging P3D I think it must be related to either video driver, video settings, or another add-on interaction.

I think something must have gone unnoticed.

Not by me, certainly. There is no way the code can work in Windowed mode and not in full screen mode because there is no difference as far as the FS controls are concerned. It is not FSUIPC which is moving the view but FSX/P3D merely obeying the panning controls being sent.

The "random angle" you get intially is probably because of changing from a Windowed view to a Full Screen view of a different size. The FS screen coordinates are then different. If you do not then move the mouse then it won't change, obviously! You just need to re-centre by moving the mouse appropriately to the correct centre position. Thereafter it will be fine. I think you must be preventing this by changing back to Windowed mode again! Don't keep swapping screen modes and you'll be fine.

If there were any way for FSUIPC to be notified of a change in Window / Full Screen modes then maybe I could find a way for FSUIPC to recompute the centre position. I may have a look when I get the opportunity. But it isn't really a big issue because most folks use one mode or the other, not changing back and forth.

Pete

• 8 months later...

Would you like to post details, please?

Pete

Sure

I bought EZDOK camera and problem solved

EZDOK camera allow to use your hatswitch

In additional you can use the arrows to move the camera In my case I use W for Forward, S for Backward, A for Left, D for right, Q for up and E for Down

So when I'm flying without Automatic Pilot I can view the cockpit using the hatswitch and if need the view more closer i can use my keys W,A,S,D without drop the Joystick (I use the joystick with my right hand)

Very nice config at least for me :D

:cool:

Edited by mchavezv

• 3 months later...

Assuming you are using an up-to-date copy of FSUIPC4 (current is 4.859s), just enable "Mouse Look" in the Miscellaneous tab of FSUIPC options.

Pete, SIr, you are a genius!

Somehow I never thought of trying it, but this is a brilliant addition.

Thank you for your great FSUIPC program, I enjoy it a lot (and lately in P3Dv2).

• 2 years later...

Hi Pete,

You have come through once again!  I was having a terrible time after I lost the POV/Hat view and "mouse look" after updating Prepar3D to v3.4, that is until FSUIPC came to the rescue.  Using the search option I was able to find the following information:

I was able to assign the POV/Hat View in the Axis assignments tab in FSUIPC
  • Axis Assignment->Send to FS as normal axis->Pan View (in dropdown menu)
  • Mouse + spacebar to pan has also been enabled by selecting "Mouse Look" in the Miscellaneous tab of FSUIPC options

Since using FSUIPC for years I have unchecked controllers in the P3D controls menu, the simple view commands have always worked until now.

Thanks again for your great application, it has made my FS experience so wonderful.

Cheers,

Rob