The simFlight Network Forums

Changing to New Controllers

Pete,

First I want to thank you for these great programs you have given us; I don't know where our flight sim community would be without them.

I have my CH throttle quad, old Saitek X36F joystick & Saitek Pro rudders all set up through FSUIPC v4859r and I am using the WideClientFS v6987 to connect a bunch of programs from my client laptop to run functions to my FSX server.

Today my new Saitek Pro Yoke and dual throttle quads are arriving and I want to set it all up using FSUIPC. The only controller that is currently programmed in FSUIPC that will remain are my rudders & brakes; the rest will all be new. So my question is about starting fresh? Should I do a total new setup instead of redoing what is in the .ini file now? If a fresh start is in order what is the best way to do this? Do I delete the .ini and reinstall or is there a easy way to clean out the .ini and start fresh? What do you feel is best?

Thanks for your guidance on this. If it matters my machine is Win7 with FSX Gold running a good amount of addon aircraft, scenery and other programs that enhance the realism.

Please let me know if there is any other info you need to answer this properly.

Jerry

Today my new Saitek Pro Yoke and dual throttle quads are arriving and I want to set it all up using FSUIPC. The only controller that is currently programmed in FSUIPC that will remain are my rudders & brakes; the rest will all be new. So my question is about starting fresh? Should I do a total new setup instead of redoing what is in the .ini file now?

Since rudders and brakes are button-less and are only 3 axes to set up, I would say it would be best to just start afresh. If you have keypresses and other options set up just as you like them, just edit the FSUIPC4.INI file, deleting the [buttons ...], [Axes...] and [JoystickCalibration ...] sections only. If you don't really have any serious assignments or settings you need to keep, just delete the entire INI file before running FSX, and let FSUIPC build a new one.

You don't need to reinstall anything. The INI is produced when FSUIPC is next run.

Regards

Pete