The simFlight Network Forums

Problem after changing controllers

Hello Pete, How have you been?

My CH Yoke broke down. one of the plastic pods where the spring attaches broke. I tried to use epoxy but it did not work.

I ordered a new Saitek pro flight, and while i was waiting for it to arrive, I decided to use a logitech extreme 3d pro in the mean time.

I could not get the views to work. All planes start up in the look forward up position. I go back to views options. I select cockpit and the look forward option, and then I will retun to the normal view. looking forward and seeing the panel. after two seconds it switches back to the forward up position by itself.

I thought that it was probably a broken joystick. Today I received the new controller. I was able to assign the axis and calibrate them correctly in FSUIPC,but it still does the same thing with the views/

I am using FSUIPC, and have the joystick disabled in FS9. I have tried enabling the joystick in FS9 but it does not work.

At this stage believe that my FSUIPC files were probably corrupted when I plugged in the old logitech extreme joystick

I remember once that my FSUIPC was corrupted, and you told me to delete some files and restart FS9 and those files were re-generated.

Which were those files? to see if that solves the issue.

Thanks and regards

Juan G Ducaud

I am using FSUIPC, and have the joystick disabled in FS9. I have tried enabling the joystick in FS9 but it does not work.

If a joydstick doesn't work in FS it is not very likely that FSUIPC can perform any magic to make it work.

At this stage believe that my FSUIPC files were probably corrupted when I plugged in the old logitech extreme joystick

It may just be that you still had assignments to the previous joystick and its driver was somehow still active.

I remember once that my FSUIPC was corrupted, and you told me to delete some files and restart FS9 and those files were re-generated.

Which were those files? to see if that solves the issue.

All of FSUIPC's settings are contained in only one file, the FSUIPC.INI file -- configuration settings. In the same Mondules folder. You could simply edit it and delete the unwanted assignments, or delete the whole file if you want to make a fresh start.

Pete