The simFlight Network Forums

Pedals 'asleep'

Hello Pete

You suggested in an earlier post that my pedals (Saitek Combat) might be 'sleeping' due to a power management setting. I have looked in several places

on how to check this in Windows 7 but can't seem to find how to check if this is the case.

This isn't an FSUIPC issue but was wondering if you could point me in the right direction to set the power management so the pedals

are 'awake' permanently?

Thank you very much.

Regards

Alan W

You suggested in an earlier post that my pedals (Saitek Combat) might be 'sleeping' due to a power management setting. I have looked in several places

on how to check this in Windows 7 but can't seem to find how to check if this is the case.

Start - Control Panel - System - Device Manager

Select Universal Serial Bus Controllers, then for every device listed there described as any sort of 'hub', right click on it, select Properties, then Power Management, and uncheck the option to allow the computer to turn off that device.

The other thing I've noticed from other messages about Saitek is that they need more power than some, and should be either plugged directly into a PC USB port, or if not then certainly into a powered external hub.

Regards

Pete

Thank you Pete much appreciated but no luck they still won't wake up other than to open FSUIPC move them momentarily and they're ok! I've experimented different ways but

this seems to be the only way (for whatever reason) to get them to work!

I'll contact Saitek.

Thanks again

Alan