The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with FSUIPC with WideFS

Dear all,

I recently bought a licence for WideFS (2013). As I installed and registered my version, without using it, my VRiSim (to use my MCP Combo II) gives the following warning when i click "fly now": FSUIPC not found. My MCP is connected direct to my PC.

As i deleted the registration of WideFS again (By reinstalling with FSUIPC exe-file, everything works fine again. But in the future i will need WideFS so this is not the solution.

I hope anyone of you can help me out.

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen Paap

Student Pilot CPL/ATPL

The Netherlands

As per the information provided on the product page, WideFS only works with a registered version of FSUIPC, using the same name for both licenses.

Do you have a registration for FSUIPC as well and is it registered to exactly the same username?

Ian P.

I recently bought a licence for WideFS (2013). As I installed and registered my version, without using it, my VRiSim (to use my MCP Combo II) gives the following warning when i click "fly now": FSUIPC not found. My MCP is connected direct to my PC.

It sounds like there is an error in your registration. As Ian said, the user name must be the same for bothe FSUIPC and WideFS. The email address can be different, but not the user name.

As per the information provided on the product page, WideFS only works with a registered version of FSUIPC, using the same name for both licenses.

Actually Ian that is not exactly true. You can register and use WideFS without also registering FSUIPC, if you do not need the FSUIPC user facilities. However, you are certainly correct about the user name which I would guess is the problem here. The VRI facilities in FSUIPC do need a correct FSUIPC registration.

Regards

Pete

"REQUIREMENTS FSX, Prepar3D

FSUIPC4 WITH KEY ISSUED TO THE SAME NAME IS REQUIRED

THIS VERSION IS ONLY FOR FSX NO REFUNDS GIVEN!"

That's where I got it from Pete, on the product page.

Thanks for the clarification!

Cheers,

Ian P.

FSUIPC4 WITH KEY ISSUED TO THE SAME NAME IS REQUIRED

That's where I got it from Pete, on the product page.

Well, that's evidently ambiguous. I don't have anything to do with the product page, but i would guess it is intended to mean that if you have a registered FSUIPC the key must relate to the same name.

Pete

With apologies for the deviation from topic (entirely my fault!), the notes on the product page have been changed:

FSUIPC4

Note: If both WideFS and FSUIPC are registered, both registrations must use the same user name.

I'll crawl back into my admin-shaped hole now and stop issuing incorrect advice. Sorry about that. :oops:

Ian P.

With apologies for the deviation from topic (entirely my fault!), the notes on the product page have been changed:

FSUIPC4

Note: If both WideFS and FSUIPC are registered, both registrations must use the same user name.

Thanks. Is it the same wording for FSUIPC3 and WideFS6?

Pete

I run the registered version of FSUIPC4, downloaded in late August 2012. When I update to the newest version will WideFS be included or will I have to buy it separatly?

If you've already bought WideFS, it will still be yours after any updates to FSUIPC. Updating does not cancel your purchases. If you have not purchased WideFS yet, then you would need to purchase it if you want to use it. This has been the case throught all versions since 2003.

Regards

Pete

If you've already bought WideFS, it will still be yours after any updates to FSUIPC. Updating does not cancel your purchases. If you have not purchased WideFS yet, then you would need to purchase it if you want to use it. This has been the case throught all versions since 2003.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for clarification.