The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and Seitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant

I have to start by saying I have a registered FSUIPC - also, I have read the manual many times. That being said, I am not a computer/software expert...I suppose the good news about folks like me getting involved is that it grows the hobby but as it becomes more popular you also end up w/ people like me who need a little help. I am at the point where I have assigned the y and x axis - the throttle (left black knob) is the z axis. What I can't figure out is how to have the throttle go from 0 to 100% starting at the bottom of the axis - and the have reverse thrust occur when it is pushed down into the 'indent' area (not sure what else to call it)...right now I get forward thrust starting about half way up and reverse thrust pushing down from the half way mark....does that make sense? I've assigned several buttons in 'buttons and switches' and note that when I move the throttle lever down intot he indented area it comes up as a potential button ( joy#0 Bin#20). I have assigned that 'Throttle Decr' but I still have the same issue as above.

I hope I have described this correctly - if I am missing a clear direction in the manual I appoligize - but any help would be appreciated.

What I can't figure out is how to have the throttle go from 0 to 100% starting at the bottom of the axis - and the have reverse thrust occur when it is pushed down into the 'indent' area (not sure what else to call it)...right now I get forward thrust starting about half way up and reverse thrust pushing down from the half way mark....does that make sense?

Well, yes, except that the crossover point does not HAVE to be in the middle -- that's determined by how you calibrate, i.e. where the lever is when you press the centre calibration points. You HAVE calibrated, haven't you? There are easy NUMBERED steps to calibration! Just follow them.

If you want the whole axis range to be for forward thrust, with a small idle area near your "detent", then you need to check the "No reverse zone" (NRZ) option. Your "indent" is NOT part of the axis range at all, but a button! I think many Saitek users assign this button to "Throttle Decr", repeating whilst held, which will engage reverse, then "Throttle cut" when released, in order to regain idle.

Pete

I did find another manual today - it helped much - I plan to re-read your manual in the morning w/ your thoughts in mind - specifically the callibration steps - I learned a lot today about calibration and assume when I jump back into your manual it will make more sense. I was able to use the indent as a button - will try 'throttle cut' now that you suggest it - I was throttling up a touch to shut off the revese thrust. The reality is that you have to really focus on what you are doing especially when you start adding multiple events (throtles in this case)....it is all very logical, but folks like us need to step through it one at a time. Every time I jump back into your software I feel I learn more - for folks like me it's a process - which I'm sure can be frusterating for you - but we'll get there....thanks again!